Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2003, 09:02 PM
New User

niscguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check Suspension Light

Hello all. I am new here and was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 2000 EB, the check suspension light came on in my truck and I no longer hear my compressor turn on. Obviously I suspect the compressor but was wondering if there could be someother problem. I checked the fuses both inside and out and they are fine. I didn't know if there was a switch or sensor that may go bad and I could replace that instead of taking it to the dealer.

If I do take it to the dealer, and it is the compressor, how much should that cost? Can I buy a used or remanufactured compressor?

Thanks for any help you may give.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:14 PM
New User

S C is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check Suspension Light

I have a 97 XLT that has 4 corner leveling and my compressor went once right after the warranty. I took it to the dealer (I'm in Canada) and explained to them that the warranty just expired few weeks and few hundred km's ago and they did a 80-10-10 for me. Meaning that Ford will pay 80% of the cost, 10% covered by the dealer and 10% by me. The total cost was quite large and I ended up paying around $2-300. It has been a few years now and I am not sure how much it cost now. Good luck and maybe you can get your local garage to locate a used one in the junk yard, but no guarantees...
Old 06-02-2003, 08:11 AM
New User

Check Suspension Light

Thanks, I did a search and saw your post earlier. So this is what I can expect? What happens if I don't fix it? The truck rides fine no sagging or leaning.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:13 PM
New User

S C is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check Suspension Light

Don't risk it ! When the compressor is not pumping the airbags, (well, in my case, the left rear broke while driving to the delership) and it costs another $600 (Cdn), which is about US$400. Not to mention the whole truck is lowered like you have your compressor turned off, but the ride is bouncy because the only thing that keeps the truck up is the shocks and they are not designed to take the load (even when the truck is empty). Better get it fixed.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:11 PM
New User

Check Suspension Light

Thanks for all your input. I took it to a buddy of mine who fixes police crusiers for the county. He went under my passenger side dash and flip a switch and presto, the pump came on. I did not know the air suspension had an on/off switch. Apparently my wife must have kick it off accidently. Talk about a relief. Thanks again everyone. David
Old 06-13-2003, 12:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
02, 1997, 1999, 2000, check, chk, coming, expedition, ford, light, lite, shocks, strutmaster, susp, suspension, suspention