Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

IM BACK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
IM BACK!!!

Ok after a bit of a hiatis from here due to life and other issues related I am kinda back, finially got a good job that I am making a good amount of money at after a good 6 months of trying to find something and then either getting let go as they no longer needed my services or the temp contract came to an end...well I found my current job and im making a good bit of money now so I am starting to do more things, although I am trying to save what I can to do some further work on my truck (which if any of you guys/gals might be able to help me do I would appreciate the help) like a full front end break job (pads, roaters, ect, ect) and even move on to things like the joints, and other parts for support and steering...

yes people are starting to tell me its becoming a money pit and to get rid of it but I kinda have a bit too much already invested in it to really want to do that, although part of my brain is telling me I should do that....but no Im not....I plan to keep the truck as long as I can....so there fore the need to fix it...one of my next planned projects will be to derust the frame and then to spray it with a good sealer and anti rust paint like a CAT yellow colour...which I think would look just as nice on it as the JD green did, although its time to change it to something better now that winter is done and its time to look to a proper job on it (wish I had a car for this part LOL) but ehh the motor bike will do I suppose....

anyways I figured I would at least say hi and let you guys all know im still kicking, and that I am still working on the truck!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome back! Glad you found a good job. I know that was an issue with you for a while. As for your truck, they're all money pits to some extent! But if it's your hobby, and you like doing the work, and/or have the money to spend on it, so be it. It's your truck!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Welcome back! Glad you found a good job. I know that was an issue with you for a while. As for your truck, they're all money pits to some extent! But if it's your hobby, and you like doing the work, and/or have the money to spend on it, so be it. It's your truck!
I hear that, cars are money pits period, but are some what a thing of life...that most need at least one of...strangely Im thinking of adding another Ford to the stables too...a Mustang if possible...

Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jaime, basically your truck was in pretty good shape the last time I saw it. What you are describing is just normal maintenance that once you do it you have a few years before to worry about doing it again. Get the money saved up and buy the parts needed online at rockauto or 1aauto to save money. Both of them offer a slight discount to FTE members I believe.

Congrats on the job! Still looking for something that works with my school and family times.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
I agree, and its not the fact that the maitence bit is there, its the part about not knowing what parts to get or having the second vehicle/space to do the work my self...if I had a second car (even if it was just a beater 2 door old mustang or something with basics like tape deck and crank windows I would be fine with it) its just not having a second vehicle and a garage (or a friend that has the knowledge and a garage that would let me work on the truck/store it there while doing the work)thats the killer part so that means I will have to have a shop do the major work thats in the near future...

oh well, good thing is the shop I use is walking distance from where I live so thats a plus I suppose...as for the shape the truck is in, its still doing great (aside from the horn electrical issue, but thats something for another day), all I really need to do is find a second vehicle to use and just take the truck to a good reputible body shop and have the frame repaint stuff and rust remover and sealers on hand for them to do what I want with that then to replace what ever parts in the front are needing replacement...also now that winter is more or les coming to an end im trying to decide if I want to keep the camper (is nice to have a way to store things and keep the bed locked up) or get rid of it...and if i do whats the best way to dispose of it...but thats another peoject in its own way...

also on a side note I posted an update in my build thread...a sad one tho