Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
New User

71FSB is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking To Lift or Not To Lift

Hey All, my 96 F150 has reach it's end as far as the susp go's. Broke a leaf spring a few weeks ago on these great roads we drive in NJ. Having 200,000mi on the clock and sitting on 31x10.50's it's a bit of a floater. I replaced the shocks when I got it but that did very little. I plan on keeping for a few more years so i'm looking to stuff a 6 inch lift under it with 35x12.50's. i'v own 3 other lifted trucks but it's been a while. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm hearing a lot of bad things about Rough Country and Tuff Country having a hard ride and using cheap metal. I'm being told BDS is the way to go. This is for the most part a daily driver. Any help would be great.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:54 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
for a daily driver i would put a 4 inch lift on it for 35's, and trim the front bumper if needed.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM
New User

Thats what I was thinking at first but having not went with a 6inch on my other rigs kinda left me wishing I had. Have you heard anything about those lifts are they any good, what do they ride like. I don't want to install something that ride's like a tank or end up with a flat spring days later.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
really can't say. the only truck i ever put a lift on was a 90 F-250. that got a trailmaster lift with a Dana 60 front axle.
all my other trucks were either F-superdutys or F-350's and did not need lifts.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
New User

cool thank for your help
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Junior User

Genuine USA Truck is starting off with a positive reputation.
'71

If you're still looking, Pro Comp, Superlift, and Skyjacker all make 4" and 6" kits for your truck. The all use replacement coils for the TTB, new radius arms, and leafs/ blocks in the rear. I cannot really comment on BDS, I have yet to work with them. I know with any of those 4 manufacturers you will not have a bad ride, especially if you upgrade to Bilstein 5100s along with the kits. If you have additional questions, feel free to message me, I'd be happy to help you as you decide.

-Adrian
8" Suspension lift w/ Fabtech Dirt Logic Coil Overs, Custom rear traction bar and block system, custom dual rear shock mounts, 4 Bilstein 5100s in rear; 37" SS Iroks on 17" XD Addicts, Roll bar with 5 KC 6" HIDs, HID headlight conversion, and lots more...
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM