2001 explorer 4 door 4x4 issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:09 PM
ambiezexplorer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 explorer 4 door 4x4 issues!

well hi there I am new to this and not sure I am even posting this in right place so I apologize if its not in right place! I recently bought a used 01 explorer. We took it into firestone to have it checked over and was told we had a leak in the water pump. Unknown to us at time of purchase it was full of leakgaurd in radiator so we took it in to the shop and had radiator and everything flushed out. We haven't fixed our water pump leak yet but are this weekend but my problem is this.....after we got it flushed it started jerking when I drive it. It seems that after it gets warmed up it stops. But it was jerking pretty bad up until yesterday. As of yesterday the jerking has stopped but now its shaking as if its got the chills! What in the world could be causing this? I took it in and had codes read on it and two popped up both having to do with the oxygen sensors. Has anyone had these issues before and if so was it the oxygen sensors causing the shakin? After you changed sensors was it good to go afterwards? As of now we know we are doing the oxygen sensors and water pump. Im just curious if anyone else has had these issues. I love love love my ford explorers and am hoping we can get her going and not have to spend more then what we bought her for! any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated! thank you! also my check enguine light is on but I guess that's to be expected since we are having some issues