Notices

Folding Tonneau for Flareside....

Old 06-01-2003, 10:27 AM
John from Florida
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my new 2003, F-150XL, sport package, Red, Flareside, with a standard cab yesterday. I am very impressed, and all I can say is "WOW" what a beautiful truck!

I am looking to get a hard folding, tonneau cover. Does advance make them for the 2003 Flareside?

I was surfing the net looking for a hard folding cover but there does'nt seem to be a lot of options. However, I did find one and it looked like the Ford, OEM, cover found on the Sport Track.

Unfourtunately, the cover was discontinued, but it was exactly what I had in mind. I can't find it now for the life of me. I think the product manufacturer started with a P? Anybody know of the cover I'm talking about?

Any other covers that you guys recommend that are leak prook and durablre, for the standard cab, flareside bed?

Old 06-01-2003, 03:30 PM
AzPete
Posting Guru

I did not find any for your truck specific due to the bed. I had the same problem with my '01 Lariat 4X4 with the Flareside. I ended up with the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit roll top and I love it. It is not 100% water proof but I have not had any problems in the rain. Mainly, I notice some dampness along the edges after a pressure car wash.

http://www.pace-edwards.com/jackrabbit.asp

Here is what I found...

http://www.rumseytruck.com/product/fac.htm
http://www.tntserve.com/Fold-a-cover.htm
http://www.aztrucks.com/categories/bedcovers.html

Here is the one for the Sport Trac but it looks like none to fit yours.

https://www.control-access16.com/~tr...0Fold-A-Covers

Of course, this is not to say that there is not one out there somewhere. Call some of these places and inquire.

Old 06-02-2003, 06:11 PM
John from Florida
New User

Does'nt lok like there are many options... Thanks for taking the time to look. I really like the undercover tonneau but they don't make it for the flareside. Looks like my only option is an advance or a glass tonneau.

Old 06-02-2003, 06:57 PM
dagwood41
Senior User

John

Advance Cover, according to their web site www.advancecover.com does make a cover for your truck. Broke one of the guides on mine called them up to get a price from them to see if I could beat my local dealers price. They took my name and address and 3 days later 2 new guides were setting at my door. No charge, and my cover is 3 years old. My experiance was great with them. Good Luck.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:03 PM
dagwood41
Senior User

John

Advance Cover, according to their web site www.advancecover.com does make a cover for your truck. Broke one of the guides on mine called them up to get a price from them to see if I could beat my local dealers price. They took my name and address and 3 days later 2 new guides were setting at my door. No charge, and my cover is 3 years old. My experiance was great with them. Good Luck.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:17 PM
John from Florida
New User

Thanks for the info... How do you like your advance cover. Is it holding up well cosmetically? Is it staying rigid or is it starting to bow?

I have a 6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter and I'm afraid they would try to climb on top of it and I already got word from advance that it is not built to support the weight of a child.

Then if I go with a glass top it would be to heavy for me to remove on my own. The Undercover tonneau was ideal but they don't make em for the flareside....

Old 06-02-2003, 07:40 PM
dagwood41
Senior User

John

I like it, keeps things dry and fairly secure. But I would have to agree with them if your children are 30lbs. or more I would think it would cave it in.

No bowing or sagging. Just a dent that appeared out of no where at work. Takes me about a minute to remove it by myself. It cant weigh more than 25lbs. total.

A friend of mine has a rope come along attached to the rafters in his garage and has it rigged up to pick up his glass cover off his truck and just leaves up there out off the way. BTW he does back his truck in to clear his garage door.

Search this Thread