Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Friday? dangit now I got the Time Warp song stuck in my head

Old 03-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,128 Likes on 1,681 Posts
Good morning NV truckers, welcome to March , I've see enough snow for one winter....

Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Friday, and happy March! Spring is only 20 days away!!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Morning all, hope you have a great day.

I have a lot going on today. Parts to find, break job, and homework.
Tomorrow is the big trip up to meet Donna and my truck

Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Morning Greg, should be a fun day tomorrow! I was the opposite this week. My FTE namesake, my former now belonging to my stepson 97 F-150 was traded off. He bought a GMC envoy. Just broke my heart.....

Old 03-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
He bought a GMC envoy.
sadness

Everyone has a preference I suppose.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy there FTE !!! ... Well, I sold my F250 last week and got my next truck ... sorry to say it is NOT Ford ... It's a 99, Dodge Dakota extended cab, with a 3.9 V6 automatic... since I got it due to family issues, I have drove 3 trips to So. Cal and flew to Va to visit with my son and grandson for the little guys 4th birthday
I have had an issue with the trucks transmission, a friend/mechanic was going to "service and adjust" it... but it was to the point where if I rebuilt it now the cost would be around $950 + $150 R&R or risk further damage and the cost would be $1400 to $1600 plus R&R !!! Either way I would get a 12 mo. or 12,000 mile warranty and since I may never have the funds to do this or get another truck, I chose to do it this way
Greg, I had to do this for the long term serviceability of the new truck, and my choice was only made yesterday !!! Good luck with the trip up there sorry I couldn't go !!!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mongoman I thought you had disappeared! I don't get it, you had trouble with the Ford, causing the change to the Dodge? Hey we all understand how circumstances drive our decisions, I just hope that it works out well for you. Sorry I won't see you this weekend.

I am planning to get up early one Sunday [wtf?] and drive out to Donna's place and meet Mark and his gal. Hoping to see Michelle too. It's been a long time.

Hey Pat. sorry you have one less Ford in the family. I hope the Denali works out OK. I was very tempted by a very luxourius AWD Chevy van for a good price, but I abstained. Maybe I will find a Ford that will suit me one of these days. I keep watching them on ebay as the prices go beyond me.

I have a great little Wrangler with low mileage and I keep hoping to do a trade. Just have not found the right circumstance. I do need a vehicle that gets good mileage and that just does not spell Ford. It needs to be AWD or 4WD too and that's a hard order to fill. I thought it might be a ranger but there again the mileage thing...

Hiya Gigs, you certainly are all over the FTE map. Everywhere I drop in, you have just been there! Looks like you may be the first 100K poster, and soon too. Look out though, Pat is hot on your tail. Of course he works full time, silly man!

Hi Donna, see you Sunday!

Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Dave, I understand was really just hoping you would be able to go as company.
I hope you don't think I was just using you for your truck.
We were all getting a bit worried when we had not heard from you.
Hope you can get all your family issues settled so you can get back to enjoying life.
Sorry to hear about the issues with the new truck but glad you found a buyer for the F250.

Bruce, glad to hear you are gonna head out to Donna's. Will be having a nice little FTE git together!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,128 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Gembone
Morning all, hope you have a great day.

I have a lot going on today. Parts to find, break job, and homework.
Tomorrow is the big trip up to meet Donna and my truck
singing "Anticipation..., is making me wait..." I am glad the weekend is almost here. I am sure you are too. You need to take plenty of pics!

Jim

Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Morning Greg, should be a fun day tomorrow! I was the opposite this week. My FTE namesake, my former now belonging to my stepson 97 F-150 was traded off. He bought a GMC envoy. Just broke my heart.....
THAT'S IT! He's out of the herd!

I need to find a daily driver that gets good gas mileage, but I don't plan on selling the Bronco to do it. I seriously doubt it will be a Ford, but I am looking to find a good used Mazda RX-7, and Ford did (or still does) own 15% of them. Of course I use that excuse every time I see a good used Jaguar for sale too. I know Ford sold Jaguar recently, however, if I buy one from one of the years that Ford did own them, then I am alright with my conscience.

Jim

Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I love Jaguars, had a few but no E-types. Mostly old XJ sixes with bad motors that I got to do engine conversions on. Makes a really nice car. A Ford 351 C, with some nice mods makes a good reliable ride and the motor justifies it.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to give you some idea of what has gone on in the last month... I have made 4 trips to the LA area to take care of the family issues dealing with my X !!! A clue ... she was a very difficult person to deal with ... even before becoming an alcoholic for the past 10+ years!!! My son had to bring in the cops and paramedics to get her out of where she was!!! She had a BP of 70/30 when she arrived at the trauma unit with all the other issues and infections she was 24 to 36 hrs of NOT overcoming her infections ... her sisters and friends refused to help my son and I dealing with her... (I will deal with those female dogs) later ... my way ... That has been my life... (except my visit to see my grandson)
I have friends who have given me sleeping accommodation ... thank God !!!
I have slept (my choice) in recliners on couches and in Toy haulers for the last 4-5 weeks ... "welcome to my world" ... now I get to stay home and fall back in love with MY bed "Oh yes, baby, cuddle with me all night long" LOL

Good luck on the trip North ... I wish I had the motivation to go, but at 67 yrs old... I need a nap for about 3 days !!!
Oh yes and just because I sold my F250 doesn't mean I'm going away... I still have some parts around here someplace !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nevada March BS Thread