Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
My new project - 52 F-1

hey all, been awhile since I've posted here. Figured I'd show off my midlife crisis in progress.

I traded my 78 F250 4x4 straight across for this 52 F1 shortbed. Does anyone know of any salvage yards with 48-56 trucks in central OK??

Click the image to open in full size.

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 02-25-2013, 06:48 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Looks like quite a project. Keep us apprised of your progress.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Posting Guru

MikeB 88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just air up those tires, and drive it like that

Looks like a fun project!!!
2000 Ranger Regular cab
2.5L with A/C backed up by the 5 speed manual, 2WD.
170,000+ on the clock.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
I put some roller tires on it, next is some glass, headlights, oh and a new drivetrain. Lol.

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader View Post
I put some roller tires on it, next is some glass, headlights, oh and a new drivetrain. Lol.
What is the drivetrain going to consist of?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what drivetrain does it have now. Axhelm salvage near bristow has a bunch of old trucks, and the guy I worked for in perkins has about 8 of these trucks if you are looking for something specific.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Posting Guru

It has a frozen 302 hooked to a C6 and 9" rear. I'm probably just gonna find another 302 or a 351w just for ease of installation. Id like to go to a 5 speed, but we shall see. It will probably come down to finding a dirt cheap donor like a wrecked stang or pickup. As for parts I need, the list grows daily, but I got Obama'd on my taxes so it will have to wait for now.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I'm sure you know, but most 302's don't have much grunt. However, if it'll be a driver then that may be all you need.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Posting Guru

Too much grunt and it will drive out from under itself. Lol.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Postmaster

cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.cigarxtc has a great reputation on FTE.
Looks like a fun project. Love the pateena. Where'd it spend most its life?

I had a '68 302 in my 50 F1, and it was plenty of power for just a stock motor. I like how much room it left in the engine bay. And the weight distribution didnt do much for body roll.

If ya get to the point of needing a car cover for it, lemme know. I sold my F1 last year but still have the custom made cover. Just havent gotten around to putting it up on craigslist or ebay yet.

Daily Driver 1978 F150
Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Posting Guru

How much?? Is it an outdoor cover?? I have to cover it in my storage facility. I bought a Walmart cheapo cover, but it looks like it won't last long.

It came to me from southeast Texas. But was originally truck #17 for Salinas Valley Vegetable Exchange in California. The name and vehicle number are still slightly visible on the door. I dig the patina too, and it will likely stay that way for some time. If I do decide to paint it, I'm thinking about cloning my 2000 Harley F150. Black on black with an orange pinstripe. It may even get a 5.4 too.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Posting Guru

Put some different wheels on it, and some eyes in it too.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Posting Guru

jwtimme is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
atleast it looks like it rolls around better now
Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter