Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 75Three90

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
looking for a huge favor

Guys, I am in need of a place to live.
I am working at Terminix and am taking a job in Round rock for a smaller pest control co. I am looking for temp housing until I can get situated.
Anybody have a spare room I can sleep in

I am 42, single and very clean
bob glovik
toytac98@yahoo.com
02 F-350 lariat srw,supercab longbed 4x4 FX4
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
if u were in houston, i have an extra room with its own full bathroom. ur welcome to it if u was ever close by.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), Performance Machine Mfg EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig
Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Postmaster

BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.BobbyDiesel71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks Snuggy!!
I am looking at living and working in Round Rock/N Austin
Anybody from TX FTE in that area with a spare room.......
just temp
[i][color=blue]Transgo Tugger II, TRU-COOL 4739, AFE stage II intake, Bully Dog 5" turbo back exhaust
Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Postmaster

I have secured two possible rooms to rent in Round Rock
Hoping those close can help guide me to the good areas to rent an apt.
I hope to have a new job and cash to rent my own place in a few months!!
Who all is from Austin/Round Rock area???
Old 03-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Nicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud of
I have been in the Austin area for 15 years. What are your choices? If you stay in Williamson County, you are pretty safe. Wells Branch Pkwy is going to hell in a hand basket..avoid that area. Don't stay anywhere in Travis County north of US183 and east of N. Lamar. Anything bordering I-35 is a no no. Those areas are bad. Pflugerville (the whole town) is going downhill fast, so don't stay there, either. Northwest Austin is pricey, but safe. Round Rock and Georgetown are also very safe cities, as the Williamson County court system is one of the toughest in Texas. They keep the criminals out of town or in jail for a long time up there.

Welcome to Texas! We have some great get-togethers down here!
2001 Excursion 4x4 7.3L, 4" turbo back, AIS, 910 Springs, Melling M208, HPx, FRx, Bellowed, Hutched, V coded, AIH/EBPV/foil delete, F350 rear sway, Derale tranny pan, drilled/slotted, T444e water pump, Fumoto, Glowshift TM/DV - EGT fuel and boost, 231k All modifications installed by ME!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Nicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud of
Oh yeah, 4x4 F250 trucks with four doors are the most stolen vehicle in South Texas for the last couple years running. Don't park it at any major malls or shopping centers unless you have some type of super-duper anti theft device. Alien/drug smugglers are stealing them left and right.
2001 Excursion 4x4 7.3L, 4" turbo back, AIS, 910 Springs, Melling M208, HPx, FRx, Bellowed, Hutched, V coded, AIH/EBPV/foil delete, F350 rear sway, Derale tranny pan, drilled/slotted, T444e water pump, Fumoto, Glowshift TM/DV - EGT fuel and boost, 231k All modifications installed by ME!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Postmaster

I am looking at staying in a home with room to rent in Round Rock for first few months till I can afford my own place
Can I contact you for some guidance when I arrive?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Absolutely! I am highly qualified in the guidance area I'll PM you my number. I work swing shift, but as a supervisor I can answer my cell most of the time.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Posting Guru

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
I'm 4 hours north of Round Rock or I would let you have our extra room
Old 03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Posting Guru

Texas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to behold
craigslist/rooms for rent. austin rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

http://austin.craigslist.org/roo/3658239909.html

my brother is a realtor in Austin. perhaps he can be of help to you if you'd like.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Posting Guru

Texas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to behold
I'm in the same boat, btw. I rent a room (full house privileges including something like 400+ cable channels and all bills paid as well as my own restroom with jacuzzi tub and another bedroom I use for lounging) in one of the nicer areas of Houston, Memorial. the entire home is tiled and decked out with flat screens. Her guest restroom is like a five star hotel, all black tile and glass doors, just sweet! Mine is silver tile. It's just myself and the owner (plus we each have one dog), a very nice older (high class, high dollar) lady. But this room came with a special surprise, she also owns property in Galveston where her husband works. Huge luxury fifth wheel (full stainless appliances, flat screen) and fishing whenever I want to go and they always are inviting me to come down and spend some time with them down there. I have full use of their land down there on Jamaica Beach which I take full advantage of whenever they go on vacations and they go quite a lot. They are just a cool couple overall, treat me like a son.

Sometimes you can get very lucky, lots of good people out there. No way I could afford all that on my own, not two properties at least. Saves me at least $700.000-ish a month living like this (in the lap of luxury) comparing it to my old apt. That took too much money and was one quarter the size of this one townhouse, let alone it was smaller than their travel trailer.

Anyways, good luck!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Postmaster

Im here!!!!!

Ok Tx members, Little Bobby g made it from his comfort zone in Chicago burbs to Round Rock,Tx

I am fully situated in a new apt!!
Can't wait to have you all over for some Shiners
When is the next GTG????

Thanks to all
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Junior User

Gigi79Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Gigi79Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the Big T Bobby G. Glad to have Ya
Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Next GTG is at Ted's place Southwest of Austin about 2 hours. Near Halletsville and SHINER, TX!!!!! Get your Shiner straight from Shiner! It is the first weekend of May I believe.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Junior User

Gigi79Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Gigi79Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Maybe the Ford Gods and Goddesses will smile on me and that Bronco will be on the road by then roflmbo... found out today that my two sons know absolutely nothing about vehicles. I thought all guys knew about wrenchin' and so when he said he worked on it with Grandpa I didn't realize that was when he was 9 handin' him wrenches n stuff. I am truly in for alot of headaches
Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter