Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Senior User

SabreFX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SabreFX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thumbs up 3.5 Ecoboost going into Grand Am Daytona Prototype

Ford, RoushYates and Michael Shank Racing are developing the 3.5 Twin Turbo Ecoboost engine, to go into a MSR Daytona Prototype car for 2014. Ford is also developing their own unique body/chassis to go along with the Ecoboost, which will replace the current Ford 5.0 engine. They are projecting HP in the 850 range.

Michael Shank Racing, Ford Working On Turbocharged Engine For 2014

Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
subscribing...
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Senior User

jimmy-six is starting off with a positive reputation.
All they need to do is get rid of the little turbos on the truck and I bet 850HP will be a snap......
Old 02-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Senior User

SabreFX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SabreFX4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-six View Post
All they need to do is get rid of the little turbos on the truck and I bet 850HP will be a snap......

There's a little more "tweeking" to do than just replacing the turbos. They are using the stock block and heads and then build it up from there. Each fuel rail gets it's own fuel supply system, injectors are changed, custom ECM mapping, custom exhaust, etc. It's a pretty complicated undertaking to get it to all come together, make the required HP and hold together for the length of a race.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Senior User

I talked with the Roush/Yates guys while at the Grand Am race in Austin at Circuit of The Americas. I asked them how the project was coming along. They are basically done with the engine and car and said they were just waiting on Grand Am to tell them how much HP they were going to allow them run......we should see the car on the track for the full season in 2014 when the full merger between Grand Am and ALMS happens. I guess it's possible that the car might be on track a few times yet this year, to get some real world race tests and conditions under their belt....they are just waiting on info from Grand Am I think.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 PM
ALIEN FTE AZ CL

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Should be interesting. I like the stock block & heads. Stock only that they are the stock molds, I bet not one thing beyond that is stock Ford.

Craig
Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)