Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM
New User

x1gutierrez1x is starting off with a positive reputation.
problems

okay guys i got myself a problem i got an 03 f250 6.0l. The truck starts and runs but once i hit 45mph it starts feeling sluggish and like wanting to turn off. there is also this noise coming from what look to be the turbo. ok well i took it to the shop not the dealership, they told me that the tuck needed fuel filter,egr cooler kit 4 bad fuel injector,bullet proof egr, upgraded fuel pressure regulator kit i just wanna know if im not gettind suckered into buying the fuel injector cause my thing is if 4 are bad and ita running on 4 wouldnt it be hard for the truck to run at all i mean its a big truck it just to be running on 4 injectors right. well i just wanna know what you guys think would help out alot thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Where are you located at?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 AM
New User

im in the dallas area
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
If they said 4 injectors without mentioning the FICM, I'd be leary until they could prove that module was running correctly and either fuel pressure or bad oil took the injectors down. Did you mean oil cooler kit instead of EGR cooler kit, that's a very common problem and is probably a legit concern. As for the BPD EGR cooler, we have techs in the 6.0L forum that count on one hand the number of failed '03 EGR coolers they've seen, so maybe you need a 2nd opinion on that one. Here's the 6.0L forum, post up the diagnosis in there and you'll get more people to judge the answer:
6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Which dealership? I've only used Grapevine Ford up off of 121@Texan Trail and Southwest in Weatherford, neither of them have tried to screw me yet.

I'm all jacked up on America right now! Anyone want to hear me recite the Constitution?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
wow. i'd be the first to jump on the bandwagon when someone's being taken advantaged of. i'd hate to see that. bryan is right. head on over to the 6.0 forum and i'm sure the guys in there will help u out. sorry to hear bout ur probs, pal.

i would go thru the process of elimination one by one by myself first. fuel filters can be changed by urself. the fuel pressure regulator kit (blue spring) can be installed by urself too. u just gotta have patience. i would also check ur ICP sensor to make sure it aint soaked in oil.

did u update ur stc fitting? it may also be ur standpipes and dummy plugs. there are updated versions of those things. only reason why i mentioned these things is cos our engines rely on high pressure oil system. hence, the high pressure oil system components have to be in tip-top condition.

sorry, just trying to cover the bases. i may be wrong, but then again, the senior guys in the 6.0 forum will correct me if i'm barking up the wrong tree.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), PMM EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Mag-Hytec Front
Old 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM
New User

hey guys thanks alot for your thought on my little issue here, I happened to work things out with the tech its still gonna cost me a pretty penny tho. hope to get more advice from you guys in the future
Old 02-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Freshman User

isedawishy is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you need a second opinion call Eric @ 817.240.7286 and tell him Brien sent you. His prices are cheaper than anywhere i've found and he works out of Crowley. Good dude..
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
New User

thanks bro
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 PM