Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AE users, please see if you can help me

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:19 PM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AE users, please see if you can help me

I've been using AE for over 6 months now. Everything is good and fun except one issue that I never was able to figure out. When I connect to my truck and sellect all the parameters I want to monitor. It works very well. When I tried to save the session (intended to reopen from this aved session with the same settings), and close the program. Next time when I open the saved session, it will show all the parameters I set at the last session, however will not display any value (AE does not seem to have connected well). Is there a fix to this or is there anything I did not do right? Thx for your input. Eriwn

Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
01PS
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you clicking the "play" button to replay the file? I have never had this issue before. Are you attempting to watch your previous session in the "live data" tab? I have not used my AE for months now but I remember having to open a different tab (not the one with the live meters) to review my saved data. Or, save it as an excel file and review the text.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

Mike, Thx for trying to help. I did not mean to view recorded data. Rather, just to open a "session" with all the desired parameter and ranges already set. It's more like a "profile". I'd like to have a "profiles" monitors something like rpm, IP, IPR duty cycle when I want to see how my HPOP works. maybe another profile to look at MAP and EBP. Just don't want to have to re-select every parameters every time I launch the program. Erwin

Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Edogsf350
Senior User
There are a few good videos on you tube that might help!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
akaFrankCastle
Senior User
I've seen the same issue you are describing. Usually when this happens I either select another tab, such as On Board Test Results, and then go back to the Live Data Meter tab or select a different System and then go back to Enhanced Powertrain. A little irritating and defeats the purpose a bit in saving a profile, IMO.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
01PS
Elder User
Wow, I didn't even know you could do that. Heh, now I'm ticked that it doesn't work and I never even tried to use it!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

Called AE today and sorely disappointed

Was told by someone with an India accent (? AE subcontract Indian call centers! In believable considering the premium we pay for the product) that we need a software update to make it work, WHAT? Fixing a bug which is their fault and hence responsibility, and ask me to pay $50. What a joke!!! Do we have anyone from AE in the forum? Totally disgusted. Erwin

Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
MiamiPSD
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What software edition do u have?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AE is NOT in India, they are in Mesa AZ, when I called them for help, I did not get an Indian guy. Maybe one works there... who knows.
I did not know you could set up profiles for that, as when I record live data I ALWAYS have to reselect the PIDS I want to monitor.
My software is version 10.3.2 from October of 2012 so it is pretty new.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Here are answers to some of the things brought up.

My system is new enough that I got an email from AE, telling me there is an update I can download. I downloaded it and I just have to install it and activate it, but there was no mention of a charge. I currently have 10.0.3 loaded and I don't recall the version I downloaded.

Yes, there is a "Save Session" under the Vehicle menu. This allows you to save all the parameters and their settings that you currently have set. The only time you can select a session is while connecting to the truck, because the session includes whether you're connected to the Enhanced Powertrain, the ABS system, the Overhead, or whatever. All the readings and tests hinge on what part of the truck it is that you're connected to, so the tabs allow you to browse and control that module. Example: You need to be hooked to the ABS module to change your tire size. I have a CCT session, a Default session (9 parameters), a WOT test session, a Cold Start session, and a few others. When you first connect to the vehicle, a window pops up with a browser to select a saved session. Once connected, if you want to choose a different session... disconnect and connect again with the session you want.

As far as the thick accent and the $50, I have no input there... I never needed customer support.

To the original question, yes... there are tabs to choose from. On my version, The "Live Data Meter" tab (the one with the numbers displayed) is directly under the "Data Logging File" button. The software automatically starts on the first tab "Diagnostic Trouble Codes", and the testing (like Cylinder Contribution Test and Buzz test ) is in the "Test OnBoard System" tab. Ignore O2 Sensors, our diesels don't have those.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 AM
koski19
Senior User
I was on the AE site yesterday and I saw that they have a software edition 11.0...I didn't check to see if there was a price for it. I received my AE last week from Riffraff. I then wrote an e-mail to AE asking if a software update is available....waiting to hear from them.

Jeff

Here's AE Reply:
AE Support <support@autoenginuity.com>
7:45 AM (13 minutes ago)

Jeffery,

You have the current version (11.01) there are no updates

Bill VanOrden (aka Beevo)
AutoEnginuity Technical Support
Amateur Extra K7BVO
ASE CMAT/CMTT L1/F1
*: 480.827.8665
*: bill@autoenginuity.com

Last edited by koski19; 02-20-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

Thx, Jeff. I'll give the guy a call.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM
koski19
Senior User
Originally Posted by eyyu
Thx, Jeff. I'll give the guy a call.
Great...Good Luck with your update....
Jeff

Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
eyyu
Bricks & PSD

The final answer for this anoying AE issue

Well, I finally realize that I might have to open the saved session from within the software as Tugly has explained. Connect the cable, launch the program, select connect under vehicle, when the dialog opens up select the desired saved session from the drop down menu and it will be just fine. If u try to open the saved session by double clicking the file (as explained in one of the places in the manual?!), it will not work. Anyway, I'm glad that I don't need to give them $50 for nothing. Erwin

Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Thank you for posting your results. I'm glad you got your answers.

If I were to hook up to a Toyota and accidently double-clicked the Stinky session, things would crash pretty quick. If the software is up and stable before it gets the confusing session request, I imagine there are verification procedures in place.

Quick Reply: AE users, please see if you can help me