Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 02:59 PM
New User

FordTurboDiesel6Lite is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation New here! Need help with question!

Hey guys!

I'am an Owner of a 2006 King ranch! My question is
Im having my exhaust done! but i cant seem to find the awnser i need!

Is having exhaust from from front Rear (side) tire Legal?? Trying to find out if i can, i could go ask Police station if it is. but why bother.

Having it where it normally is don't bother me. but if i can have it there i want it. id rather have it Near front rear side. Looks cooler

I live near salem oregon area' soo i know i dont need no inspection .
Old 02-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Senior User

Matthew_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Matthew_B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Evan (Brown Falcon) did that on his pickup. He's been running around Corvallis quite a while like that, I think at least a year. If any cop is going to hassle somebody, Corvallis sure would.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
When I lived in Portland I went to replace the duel mufflers on my 80 Bronco and the shops in the Portland area would not modifie the exhaust on the truck, even though they were already duels on it and my adress was still Central Oregon. So check with the shop that is doing the work.
1980 Bronco with 460 Gone but not to far!!
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Posting Guru

TinyWonder is a splendid one to beholdTinyWonder is a splendid one to beholdTinyWonder is a splendid one to beholdTinyWonder is a splendid one to beholdTinyWonder is a splendid one to beholdTinyWonder is a splendid one to behold
Let me see if I understand your question...

You are asking if can have your exhaust modified so that it dumps out before the rear tire?

I'm no expert of diesels or exhaust systems... My suspicion is that it could be done. It will depend also on where you live, do you have a DPF or catalytic converter. Do you have to pass an emissions test?

On my 7.3 Powerstroke I know it's possible. However, when you get into the skinny pedal and smoke is roaring out of the exhaust I wouldn't want that crap all over the side of my truck... maybe in the rice grinder next to me though.

You might want to post your question on the diesel forum appropriate for the engine on your truck.

2001 F350, CC, Lariat, 4x4, SRW, 7.3 PSD, long bed, 6 speed, K & N intake and filter, air bags, Powerslot rotors, Hawk LTS pads, Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, foil delete, Moog ball joints, HPX, FRX, RiffRaff boots and plenum inserts, AIH delete, factory rear sway bar, Marinco plug. 110K
Old 02-18-2013, 08:29 PM