Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM
Senior User

davisenvy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Opinions on Expedition and Navigators

I'm in the market for a full sized SUV. So far I have narrowed it down to the 07 and up Expedition and Navigator. I had a 1999 Expedition and loved it. The only problems I had were a few coil packs, IAC motor, and the air ride suspension.

Do the new Expedition/Navigators have these same problems? Does the air ride suspension still set down then pump up again after every stop/start? What are some of the common problems?

Also, how far past 100k miles would you trust a well taken care of rig?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
I love our '07 Navi L.

No coil pack issues and I don't know what an IAC motor is. Ours has 64k on it and the air ride pumps up occasionally, but never more often than 15 minutes. If it did it more I'd get it checked.

Look at F150s with the 5.4 6-speed combo on EBay and see what kind of mileage they have for an idea of drivetrain longevity. I think the interior and luxury features depend more on owner's care, so you'll need to find one that's been cared for.

I'd buy another in a minute. I'm partial to the Navi because the depreciation makes them an attractive used purchase and the toys are fun!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Freshman User

markinnaples is starting off with a positive reputation.
Honestly, we have a 2008 Nav Ultimate and I don't know if I'll ever buy another one.
Problems: Running board motor died, fuel pump died, driver's window regulator died, multiple coil packs died, the spark plug issues, and a funky shifting transmission.

Wishing I would have gone with a Q56 I was looking at instead of this one.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Senior User

expoman55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am on my 3rd Expedition. I had a 97 I drove to 115k, only issues ever were coilpack(2) brakes @ 80k miles and muffler at 90k, 05 drove to 112k, replace a fuel pump driver mod at 53k and 107k, Chain tensioner, brakes at 96k.. Never let me down and happy to have a 3rd. I purchased a 70k VW touareg and owned it for 4 months.. I then purchased my 3rd expedition limited. YES a great travel vehicle, yes a great towing vehicle, YES a great utility vehicle, and Nope does not get 40 mpg.. Great vehicle. perfect NOPE but close enough.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Junior User

sicksoh is starting off with a positive reputation.
We have had two navigators an 03 and now an 08. We love ours, only issue is keeping the power running boards clean and lubricated so they keep moving freely.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator