Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Senior User

JcF204 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile Brake Pads

Getting ready to prep for spring time, and that means pulling the boat with a 8' truck camper in the bed. Nothing like what some of you guys pull, but it is still a heavy load going over the Rocky mountains.

I want to replace the brake pads as I now have about 74k on the truck and I do not trust the OEM stuff to last much longer than this.

We put so much into the suspension and tuners etc on our trucks, what have you guys done for stopping power?
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
OEM pads is what I went with. Did mine around 74K on the fronts. rears are still good.

You can't beat the OEM pad lasting that long with all the towing.

Check your rotors over good. I actually had one cracked.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
OEM pads is what I went with. Did mine around 74K on the fronts. rears are still good.

You can't beat the OEM pad lasting that long with all the towing.
Have to agree with Scott here. I changed my factory Excursion pads, which are identical to the Super Duty pads, with 113,000 miles on the odometer and dubious maintenance by the PO. I went with Wagner Severe Duty pads, and have been disappointed at the brake feel and stopping power. It's not that they're bad or anything, but I liked the feel of the stock pads better.

If I had it to do over again I would have installed genuine Motorcraft pads and called it a day.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Senior User

Rudiak is starting off with a positive reputation.
OEM is fine. If you need more stopping power Go with the EBC Greenstuff.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Elder User

Gearitis is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Gearitis is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
OEM is what I went with last summer. When I pulled the pads, there were still about half of the pad left at 75k or so. I do want to say, be aware that there are 2 different weights of brake pads for our trucks. There is a BR and then there is a SDBR on the part number. I ordered the SDBR and they sent BR, It had way less meat than what was on my trucks old pads, so I called and they sent me the SDBR. Wow, heavier, meatier and just all around looked to be for a Super Duty.
I called Dieselfiltersonline.com and they had the best prices on OEM pads. Since I buy my filters there, I knew they had fast shipping and easy to work with if there is a problem.
2011 F-250 Lariat Stock
2003 Keystone Cougar 286 EFS 5er
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Elder User

Larry NCKS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcF204 View Post
I want to replace the brake pads as I now have about 74k on the truck and I do not trust the OEM stuff to last much longer than this.
I had 100K on mine. I wouldn't have needed brakework then had my caliper slides not frozen up on my right front corner.
2009 Day Dreamer 37RLTSD 5'er RV
Old 02-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Senior User

ssharber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ssharber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I changed mine at 72000, not because they were worn out, but for a common reason: frozen caliper slider pins. Had one on the right rear. I used factory pads and am glad I did. I almost went through the windshield the first time I used them after doing so. What a difference new pads all around made in stopping power. Had forgotten that feel from brand new.

'08 CC Lariat Job#1
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Senior User

JcF204 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you for all the input!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel