Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 75Three90

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 01:50 PM
New User

hunthill_1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Typical noob question

I just got a 2012 F250 Superduty 4x4 with the 6.2. Is there a recommended lift kit for this truck. I'd like to go up 4-6 inches.
Thanks in advance for the input.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Trying to Gain Knowledge

twg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to all
I don't have a clue, but here is a bump for you.
Ted PAA #135

2001 F350 7.3L PSD, CCV MOD, FRX, Ceramic Coated International Bellowed Up-Pipes, Oil Cooler O-Ring replace, UVCH replacement drivers side, Lock Actuators Repaired, Riff Raff Plenum Inserts, South Texas Tech # 1; South Texas Tech # 2
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Depends on how much you want to spend. Icon makes all-inclusive kits that actually have almost all the parts, they use progressive rate springs and come with all the suspension tidbits that really make the trucks ride well. Then you have ProComp, BDS, ZONE, solid names with solid parts, just IMO not the best mix of price and quality so these are good for mix-and-match lifts. Some companies like Rancho, Rough Country and FabTech have a fan base, I've never felt the need to deal with them since I've always been able to get a good price on better parts. Rancho, King, Bilstein for shocks, I'd pass on any lift manufacturers shocks, even the Icon if you can parse them out of your order.

Then there's always the never ending string of crackerjack box toys, named after the one shop that installs them or they're a sticker over a sticker of some other random name; pay trash prices get trash parts.

I'm all jacked up on America right now! Anyone want to hear me recite the Constitution?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter