Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
a notice for all users.

hey guys, there has been a rise in the "for sale ads, and "i am thinking of selling" ads.
i just want to warn you that for sale, or posting links to for sale ads is strictly forbidden of FTE in the general forums, and any that i see will be removed.
repeat offenders will be issued infractions.

the only place for sale is allowed is in the classifieds.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Postmaster

BuckHammer has a good reputation on FTE.BuckHammer has a good reputation on FTE.
Pilgrim812
"Issued infractions"? Please pardon my ignorance here, but is there some sort of demerit system on this board that I'm not aware of, or are you talking about temporary account locks and things like that?

Sorry, I just sort of realized that I have no idea what the consequences are for breaking the rules on this board, lol.
1996 F-250 XLT 4x4, "Heavy Metal", 7.3L Powerstroke, ZF S5-42 transmission with Valair clutch and flywheel, Supercab, 8' bed, Riffraff 6637, HPX, Dieselsite 203 degree thermostat, 3" Downpipe to 4" straight pipe exhaust.
"you are not a troll. a pain in the --- sometimes, but not a troll." - tjc transport
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Senior User

97XLT4X4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
gunit1991
understood

283k - full exhaust - Riff-Raff parts - CCV bypass - 235/85/16 HanKook dynapro ATM -gauges- 14.7k mod ...Planning: valve body and rust repair. Injectors soon enough and fix everything that's rusted out
Toys: 350 s10 truck: 350 19 open bow four winns
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHammer View Post
"Issued infractions"? Please pardon my ignorance here, but is there some sort of demerit system on this board that I'm not aware of, or are you talking about temporary account locks and things like that?

Sorry, I just sort of realized that I have no idea what the consequences are for breaking the rules on this board, lol.
no problem, a simple question that deserves a simple answer.
an infraction is the next step up from a warning. warnings are just that, a don't do it again hand slap.
infractions carry points. get enough points, you get a "time out"
get enough "time outs" and you get banned from the site..

and i don't want to have ban anyone that helps like 99% of you all do.

i mean after all, that is what we are here for, to help each other.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHammer View Post

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/92...ml#post8491972

This might help.
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Postmaster

BuckHammer has a good reputation on FTE.BuckHammer has a good reputation on FTE.
Pilgrim812
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
1996 F-250 XLT 4x4, "Heavy Metal", 7.3L Powerstroke, ZF S5-42 transmission with Valair clutch and flywheel, Supercab, 8' bed, Riffraff 6637, HPX, Dieselsite 203 degree thermostat, 3" Downpipe to 4" straight pipe exhaust.
"you are not a troll. a pain in the --- sometimes, but not a troll." - tjc transport
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Posting Guru

Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.
I didnt read the link cookie posted yet... but I was just curious.
In our "off topic" threads... is it bad to post up Craigslist ads? Sometimes we do it just for kicks... or to look at a REALLY NICE truck and then BS about the things we like and dont like.

Just want to make sure if "thinking of buying" links were bad too. lol
Im guilty of that since I have been looking for a CC and like the forums opinions.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awitte58 View Post
In our "off topic" threads... is it bad to post up Craigslist ads? Sometimes we do it just for kicks... or to look at a REALLY NICE truck and then BS about the things we like and dont like.

Im guilty of that since I have been looking for a CC and like the forums opinions.
We are not trying to sell "our" trucks, so it is kind of let slide thoughout the forum.

However, I do believe it is against forum rules as well.

Grey area I'd call it.

Our forum, if you have not been anywhere else, is a bit different than the other forums on FTE in how we conduct ourselves and what we get away with.

I think it's because 99% of us are adults.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
I'm thinking of selling my self how much do you think I should ask.

Just joking. Lol
We'll start minding outlet P' & Q's and dot out T's and cross our I's
96 F350 CC ZF5 53k with grandpas package
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
i ain't rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awitte58 View Post

posting links to craigs list of a good looking truck and BSing about the good and bad of the ad is ok, because you are not trying to sell it. just like i am thinking of buying this truck, what do you think of it. that is ok also, because you are asking advice, not trying to sell.
the bad is hey guys, i posted blah blah blah to ebay/craigs list, and posting the link
or
hey guys, i got a spare intake spyder for sale. anyone interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpride View Post
I'm thinking of selling my self how much do you think I should ask.
Duece Bigalo tried it. watch the movie, and you will see it ain't worth it.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM
i ain't rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
We are not trying to sell "our" trucks, so it is kind of let slide thoughout the forum.

However, I do believe it is against forum rules as well.

Grey area I'd call it.

Our forum, if you have not been anywhere else, is a bit different than the other forums on FTE in how we conduct ourselves and what we get away with.

I think it's because 99% of us are adults.

very well put William.
it is also up to moderators discretion what stays and what goes.
at least until a complaint is registered.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
i ain't rite

and for the guys wondering where the disappeared posts went, i cleaned up a bit to get us back on track with the reason for this thread.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Something the '99 - '03 PSD forum has in common with it's big brother OBS trucks!

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Elder User

21411 is starting off with a positive reputation.
just to be safe, i think i was on the edge. i posted a craigslist ad from someone else that i though might help the op. it did not and he has a nice exhaust now but i figured i should ask about that stuff.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Post Fiend

fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
and for the guys wondering where the disappeared posts went, i cleaned up a bit to get us back on track with the reason for this thread.
Thank you!
1925 T tudor sedan
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 AM