Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Excursion Fleet Manager

Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
2009 MKX radio static

I drove my mom's MKX today and to put it bluntly, I hate Sirius. I've never liked any of the stations, but she loves it and it's always on Sirius 16. I turned it to local FM stations today.

It's an '09 MKX AWD with Elite and Ultimate packages, so it has the THX sound system.

Sirius plays just fine through the speakers and has great sound quality, on surround sound too. However, when I turn it over to FM, it has quite a bit of static and poor quality, almost like the station is going out of range. I tried multiple stations, two of which I know broadcast in two opposite directions, and one is maybe only 10 miles away. These same stations play just fine in all our other cars.

Has anyone experienced this before and/or have a fix? I don't even know how to start removing this radio to check the antenna wire connection because I can't pop it out with four screwdrivers like I can in the Excursion.

Thanks in advance!
2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR travel trailer, 3/8/06, 7365.5
Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers