Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Elder User

ArtsBest is starting off with a positive reputation.
2014' TUNDRA

I don't why these engineers are pounding their chest. Alike GM this truck does really nothing but show a new hood and maybe a rear bumper (with improved interiors however) then call it a newly designed truck. Say what?

IMHO if Ford goes ahead with the Atlas in its existing form it's Katy-bar-the-door for the truck manufacturers again. For the F-150 will be a no brainer. And Ford shareholders will once again be rewarded for owning its stock.

I was at the Chicago Auto show this AM and the Tundra looks fine. It's a good truck but there are NO engine nor fuel options such as diesel or maybe even CNG available. You got to be ahead of the curve to excel today and Toyota did nothing to achieve that with this truck. Ditto with GM.

I can't say because I'm a little leery of turbocharged engines if their reliable but at least Ford is blazing new trails in the power train truck world. The others are NOT.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
It looks pretty much the same as the current model... with more chrome. I actually like more the older model.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Elder User

FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.
That is one ugly truck.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Senior User

REDFORDFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check out the inside, A total copy of the F-150 the new gm dash also a copy.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Senior User

02transam is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
no thank ya..........
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Moving to correct forum.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Elder User

5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.
Click the image to open in full size.
Copy and Paste, I see them going out of the Full size truck categories
Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Not a bad looking truck in my opinion. Then again, if I was to ever leave Ford, I'd go straight to Toyota.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Post Fiend

jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.jimandmandy has a great reputation on FTE.
Where is my small diesel? I dont care for any of the so called "half ton" trucks on the market today. They are all styled to look like giant toys.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Post Fiend

dkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to beholddkf is a splendid one to behold
It seems like the new fad is to keep making bedsides higher and windows smaller. At this rate in 15 years the 1/2 ton trucks will basically be an SUV with tiny port holes for windows.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:36 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
FUGLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Elder User

efx4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The biggest changes are cosmetic, and not breaking any new ground, just catching up with what's out today. At least the 2014 GM twins have all direct injection engines, even if they are the same displacement OHV engines.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:03 PM
Posting Guru

paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
I think the 14 tundra looks better then the current truck. However the cab looks the same. And unless they at least strengthen the entire chassis of the truck, I can never see them as a viable competitor to the F 150. And no matter what they do with their truck I will always stick a ford truck.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Senior User

bigblueknight is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
Not a bad looking truck in my opinion. Then again, if I was to ever leave Ford, I'd go straight to Toyota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredneck33 View Post
I think the 14 tundra looks better then the current truck. However the cab looks the same. And unless they at least strengthen the entire chassis of the truck, I can never see them as a viable competitor to the F 150. And no matter what they do with their truck I will always stick a ford truck.
I just left toyota for ford. Dad bought the first tundra in 01 after getting fed up with the quality of chevy's. At the time everyone in the family had a suburban or silverado except my moms durango. 5 years later he bought a tundra double cab and i drove the 01 and a couple years ago i got the double cab that i just traded for an f-150. 12 years of tundras and no complaints the 01 was 7/8 of a full size pickup but the 06 was spot on other than needing a large v8 option that they fixed in 07.

I would have gladly bought another tundra but they don't offer a crew cab with a full 6.5 ft bed combo. I could get by with a 5.5 bed and crew cab or an extended cab with a 6.5 bed but after having a crew cab with a normal size bed I didn't want sacrifice either one of those options.Plus the toyota just didn't do anything that really excited me about it. When I was 17 i thought the new 07 tundra was the greatest thing ever. 6 years later no big changes had been made and it was just a very plain truck. Ford had what I wanted for configurations plus with all the different models it gives you all sorts of variety to find the truck for you.

I don't have much in a brand bias when it comes to vehicles outside of gm and chrysler for taking bailouts. If its a good vehicle that fits my needs then i'll buy it.

2013 F-150 King Ranch 4x4 Ecoboost Max Tow 6.5ft bed
Old 03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Posting Guru

hawk is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
definitely gets the ugly award
Old 03-10-2014, 11:35 AM