Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
New User

michaelcast is starting off with a positive reputation.
Intake manifold runner control valve

hey i have an 04 f150 lariat with a 5,4 in it and 220km on it, i replaced all the plugs about 8 months ago and had to replace various coils on separate occasions. There is a pretty bad misfire (bad enough to make my CEL blink) and when I plugged it in it said that cylinders 3 and 7 were misfiring which i assume is just coils but I also got the code P2006 indicating that my intake manifold runner control valve is stuck closed, I'm just wondering what the possible problems are that can cause this, do I simply replace the imrcv, if so is it an expensive part? can i just clean it? is it electronically controlled or vaccum controlled? I had used a hypertech programmer in the past but it is currently on stock settings and I replaced the intake manifold gasket once as well so I might of messed something up then, please help! any tips on how to inspect these parts would be great, pictures are always nice to have to
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure how the runner valves are controlled. Usually vacuum. I would check all of the vacuum lines first. If you can reach the actuator, you should be able to move it by hand with the engine off.

As for the misfire, could just need new coil boots.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
New User

michaelcast is starting off with a positive reputation.
i changed the coils and a spark plug misfire is gone, then i changed the imcrv but when i put it all back together the engine codes P2004 and P2006 both came up so now the intake manifold runner control valve is stuck open and closed....i read in another forum that if you move the actuator by hand before installing it that that can cause these codes to come up..is there a way that i dont have to buy another actuator ? and Lxman1 the actuator is electronic
Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L)