1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My 48 F5 on a 78 F1 chassis rat project

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Could this become the new "Julie" thread? Too early to tell but it has the potential.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
knuckleduster271
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ben73058
Hey Knuckle,
Lot's of anger over there - not pretending to be anything but a fan of these old trucks. I missed your question - this site is all about sharing. You shared your love for driving dirt track tires on asphalt. Be safe.

Ben in Austin
Not angry at all.
I hope that last post wasn't you "signing off"? Said you were gonna buy a ticket to this thread lol
Well at least your a supporter of the forum and are giving something back- even if it isnt knowledge.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, lets talk knowledge, it seems that you think of yourself as a knowledgeable person at it's best. Maybe you should visit some of the other sites where all of the other geniuses make their marks. If there was 100 users on FTE I think You would qualify as the 1% that doesn't fit in as the other 99% would be the ones with all of the knowledge. Your fab skills look great but the way you look at the builds are something to be desired in this hobby, just my two cents worth. You should read a lot more on here before you try to show everyone on here your super knowledge because with the train screaming down the track you just missed the BOAT.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Could this become the new "Julie" thread? Too early to tell but it has the potential.
It's looking that way! Hey fellas! We've got ourselves another Julie! Let the fun begin. Let's feed it and see if it grows.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by knuckleduster271
So now we go to name calling? Lol. Man that truly hurt my soul- making fun of my screen name and all.
As far as questions- after reading some of the threads you started on here -probably not any you could help me with ( I really like the head gasket one back in may) " How bad is it?" "Has any body tried those gasket sealers in a can?" "I replaced my flowmaster with a quieter muffler, do you think it makes more back pressure causing my head gasket to blow?" ROTFLMFAO!
You sound like a real genius.....
Have you read your own post? Now that's real genius material

Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Have you read your own post? Now that's real genius material
Naw, I think his 12 year old wrote it for him. Can't see that the hole he's digging just keeps getting deeper. I think this guy might actually be from the HAMB.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Enough guys. Keep it civil, or don't post at all. I don't want to close this thread down, but I will..........

Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
It's looking that way! Hey fellas! We've got ourselves another Julie! Let the fun begin. Let's feed it and see if it grows.
Nah, Julie at least added some useful help and information before self destructing.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Doc
No, let's not. It will get shut down long before that happens....

Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Enough guys. Keep it civil, or don't post at all. I don't want to close this thread down, but I will..........
Yeah, it is too cold to work in the shop and this old guy needs his entertainment.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No response from KB271 maybe he went away mad-- there goes the fun for today

Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
No, let's not. It will get shut down long before that happens....
I agree. No more Julie. Just Knuckledragger. I'm interested in seeing his build, just as long as he doesn't keep throwing insults toward the other members. If you've got a minute, it would probably be advisable for you to read the insults he's already thrown.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I would be real concerned about this build because of the nonchalant attitude you have for the safety of yourself and others on the road. If you're not worried about your tires failing are you any more concerned about any other part of your build failing?

I like the attitude about not caring about the soccer mom and her kids. Some time back there was a post about a member buying an old fire truck 1800 miles from his home and not being able to afford to ship it home. There was a plan started for a relay and numerous members were all gong ho about taking turns driving legs of the relay. Not only didn't they realize that it would cost twice as much to do the relay but they take into consideration of driving a 60 year old two ton truck over mountains by people who have never drove a big rig wasn't the smartest or safest thing to do. I voiced my concern at that time about the danger this posed to not only the participants but to the general public and I was blown off as a "kill joy". A few of the respondants told me they were adults and could take care of themselves. When I replied with concerned about the mini-van with the family of five inside that was in front of the firetruck as it was coming down a mounting and the brakes failed I got a smart *** reply that the mini-van should get out of the way. Seriously, you have others you have to be concerned about other than yourself. I would hope everyone on this board is mature and responsiblele enough to think about that.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I've been watching the whole thread since it started, and the insults have been coming from both sides. I too would like to see where his build goes. After all, I'm a fabricator, and like to see how others do things. You calling him "knuckledragger" sure won't help much...

That was for Shane, not you Bob. I agree completely with your post.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 02-05-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
You calling him "knuckledragger sure won't help much...
OOPS! Sorry.

Back to the subject, I called a dirt late model racer friend of mine last night and told him about the Hoosiers. He thought I was joking. He kept saying that they wouldn't last but a few miles on asphalt. But the OP stated that his friend got 1000 miles out of a set. So who knows..... We'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply: My 48 F5 on a 78 F1 chassis rat project