Maine Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Maine's February BS Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 AM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope to get one more sledding trip in this season. Back in the day I would be out every weekend.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
Good Tuesday morning Mainers Here ya go hogging all the snow again If its not 75+, than I want snow on the ground. At least then ya still have stuff to do Have a good one everyone.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
yeah more white crap coming and iv got a blown tranny.
got to call up ford today to see about their remans.
funny all the work she does and she just goes out with a whimper on an easy running empty ride.......good time i guess,could have been in the middle of work season loaded/towing heavy.
could be worse,i could be making payments and making repairs.
no od gear and found lots of metal in the pan yesterday.i didn't sleep very well last night.

the good thing is,that ford did a massive amount of upgrades to these older trans with all their remans now.so they're supposed to be much stronger than oem '93.which helps ease the pain............ a little.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
That is a wicked bummer about the tranny. You a re right though, it could have been worse, and it is better than orig. Good luck. Hope it doesnt hurt too much.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Sorry to hear. That would really bite if you were making payments. Good luck with the reman!

Old 02-26-2013, 04:26 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
yeah i'll have her back in action here soon.just don't want to be too hasty in what to do.looks like a ford reman for about 2k w/ 3 yr unlimited mile warranty would be the most id want to spend.if that one lasts 100k too which it should all easy if the pre-updated one did,then i'll be done with the truck by then anyway.it'll be about 30 yrs old with 200k miles and probably long since rotted out haha.can't keep 'em forever.
so with that in mind,im keeping my eye out for a decent used one too as long as the price is right.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,141 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Good Wednesday morning ME truckers, have a good day

Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
good morning guys.looks like the snow/rain mix starts tonight.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
alright guys.i figured out what im doing.
taking her to absolute transmission in Brewer.talking to the guy,he knows these e40d/4r100 very well and knows and does all the updates.combines the two known best of the parts e4/4r and makes a hybrid best of both.
complete with another new heavy duty triple converter (specially requested/he checked on it/confirmed extra low stall option) transgo shift kit,giant aux cooler with a bypass,1 yr nationwide warranty.
about 1 weeks time for about 3k...............all installed baby.

it'll be very likely with my hauling heavy,towing with the dump trailer or plowing snow,that i'll never have a (mechanical anyway) trans issue again after this.
the complete full HD updated version.
by the sounds of things,this Dave fella has a great deal of experience.rebuilt many of these e4/4r's.
an auto trans as worry free as the old idi diesel all installed...........priceless.
Maine Transmission Repair | Rebuilt Transmissions, Used Transmissions, General Auto Repair, Performance and Shift Kits | Absolute Transmission, serving the Bangor and Brewer, Maine region.

what ya gunna do? i can't have a trans failure every year with a non upgraded HD trans.this isn't the time of year to be frigging with swapping in a junk trans.take now for example,this sucks before a snow storm yeah,but what if i was in the middle of work season? a few days down time or a week then could be pretty frustrating.could cost me lost jobs.can't be troubled by old junk parts when running a business.just can't.
she may be an old truck,but she doesn't have to be old and outdated where it counts.
iv restored and upgraded the thing too well to just toss in an old junk trans at this point.i can't do that to her.she treats me to good.

so for now,i'll toss her back together complete with metal sparkles all over and what looks to be a packed full filter hahaha and run 'er.hopefully make it through this storm pushing snow and if double lucky,make it to the trans shop under her own power to boot after the storm passes.
maybe i'll try pulling the filter apart to flush it out and put it back together.it's just light metal,im sure it'll be easy.least let the fluid flow the best it can for a while.give her a sporting chance.

i feel like a massive weight is lifted off my shoulders now figuring it all out and let someone just take good care of it,most likely for good.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 AM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
yeah more white crap coming and iv got a blown tranny.
got to call up ford today to see about their remans.
funny all the work she does and she just goes out with a whimper on an easy running empty ride.......good time i guess,could have been in the middle of work season loaded/towing heavy.
could be worse,i could be making payments and making repairs.
no od gear and found lots of metal in the pan yesterday.i didn't sleep very well last night.

the good thing is,that ford did a massive amount of upgrades to these older trans with all their remans now.so they're supposed to be much stronger than oem '93.which helps ease the pain............ a little.

That's no good.

Any chance of getting a built tranny for the old girl? Wouldn't be a bad idea with the turbo.... I'm sure the extra HP wears it out quicker.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Newenglandfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT
alright guys.i figured out what im doing.
taking her to absolute transmission in Brewer.talking to the guy,he knows these e40d/4r100 very well and knows and does all the updates.combines the two known best of the parts e4/4r and makes a hybrid best of both.
complete with another new heavy duty triple converter (specially requested/he checked on it/confirmed extra low stall option) transgo shift kit,giant aux cooler with a bypass,1 yr nationwide warranty.
about 1 weeks time for about 3k...............all installed baby.

it'll be very likely with my hauling heavy,towing with the dump trailer or plowing snow,that i'll never have a (mechanical anyway) trans issue again after this.
the complete full HD updated version.
by the sounds of things,this Dave fella has a great deal of experience.rebuilt many of these e4/4r's.
an auto trans as worry free as the old idi diesel all installed...........priceless.
Maine Transmission Repair | Rebuilt Transmissions, Used Transmissions, General Auto Repair, Performance and Shift Kits | Absolute Transmission, serving the Bangor and Brewer, Maine region.

what ya gunna do? i can't have a trans failure every year with a non upgraded HD trans.this isn't the time of year to be frigging with swapping in a junk trans.take now for example,this sucks before a snow storm yeah,but what if i was in the middle of work season? a few days down time or a week then could be pretty frustrating.could cost me lost jobs.can't be troubled by old junk parts when running a business.just can't.
she may be an old truck,but she doesn't have to be old and outdated where it counts.
iv restored and upgraded the thing too well to just toss in an old junk trans at this point.i can't do that to her.she treats me to good.

so for now,i'll toss her back together complete with metal sparkles all over and what looks to be a packed full filter hahaha and run 'er.hopefully make it through this storm pushing snow and if double lucky,make it to the trans shop under her own power to boot after the storm passes.
maybe i'll try pulling the filter apart to flush it out and put it back together.it's just light metal,im sure it'll be easy.least let the fluid flow the best it can for a while.give her a sporting chance.

i feel like a massive weight is lifted off my shoulders now figuring it all out and let someone just take good care of it,most likely for good.
That sounds like a good deal. I paid 2k to have the explorers rebuilt and shopped around alot tofind that price. 20k miles later still running strong.

Were are they in Brewer? I haven't heard of them.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
haha Tom and i were posting at the same time i guess.
yeah.clearly that is the smartest thing at this point.iv gone all the way upgrading the truck this far,would be silly to skimp on the final weak leak at this point.i just had to think it all out.clearly the most reliable route to go for a business money making truck.
for just a dd,i'd never do it.if i broke down with a used $500-700 trans in a year or two,so what right? get towed home and toss another one in her and go again.but can't have those worries when time is $ out working the truck hard all the time, right.or come time to plow,isn't exactly a fun time to be down either.just can't have junk trans worries and wrenching all the time.iv had enough tranny shampoo to last me a lifetime already anyway haha.

newengland,on their site;
"Our service facility is conveniently located on 39 Sparks Avenue, in the Brewer Business Park, in Brewer, Maine."
very nice guy to talk with.extremely well versed in this particular trans.im sure many more too.
used to rebuild many e40ds in the ambulances he was saying when he was down in CT back along.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good morning ME truckers, have a wonderful day ......

Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 AM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
good morning Mainers,neighbors & friends.
snow/rain mix through the weekend they're saying now lol great.well have to wait to take truck in until Mon i guess.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good morning ME truckers, welcome to March , I've see enough snow for one winter....

Quick Reply: Maine's February BS Forum