Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 AM
New User

juddw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heater blowing cold air

Heater is blowing cold air. What I have checked, coolant level, replaced water pump and thermostat, checked blend door, flushed heater core. When I checked the blend door via the heater treator method I was getting hot air coming off the core but also getting very cold air coming from the A/C evap in side the plenom box. I also pulled the fuse for the A/C clutch and I am still getting cold air. Does anybody else have any input into this issue? I am look at replacing the HVAC contol.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
What sort of mystery vehicle are you working on?

Such info tends to be helpful in these instances.................
Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM
New User

Sorry about not putting up the vehicle info. F150 2001 5.4 CrewCab 4x4. Manual heater/AC
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
You might post this in that particular truck forum but my guess is the temp control or the blend door drive motor are acting up.

I'm assuming your F-Series of the same era as my '97, '00' and '03 are all similar with their control systems.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
Check the relative temperatures of the two heater hoses after the engine is fully warmed up. Are they both hot, one hot and one cold, or both cold? This will tell you which side of the firewall to look at for the problem.
“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 AM
New User

Yeah, I checked they are both getting pretty warm
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
If they're both HOT (coolant temp), the the problem is inside the plenum, ie, blend door, etc..
“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
New User

brvanbibber is starting off with a positive reputation.
Blend door

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddw View Post
Heater is blowing cold air. What I have checked, coolant level, replaced water pump and thermostat, checked blend door, flushed heater core. When I checked the blend door via the heater treator method I was getting hot air coming off the core but also getting very cold air coming from the A/C evap in side the plenom box. I also pulled the fuse for the A/C clutch and I am still getting cold air. Does anybody else have any input into this issue? I am look at replacing the HVAC contol.
Need to check fuse that controls blend door I am currently working on the same issue and I have a short somewhere, but when I put in a fuse I can control Hot/Cold temporary.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brvanbibber View Post
Need to check fuse that controls blend door I am currently working on the same issue and I have a short somewhere, but when I put in a fuse I can control Hot/Cold temporary.
Does the fuse blow only when driving or shortly after inserting a new one while sitting still?

Your particular issue could be a failing Temp control or the blend door motor itself. A resistance check at the motor's connector while cycling the Temp control might show if that's working properly. If it consistently shows a change in resistance sympathetic to the Temp control position, never goes to infinity or shows a dead short it might be the motor itself.

If you can access the blend door shaft and check for it binding that could also be an issue.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Post Fiend

The OP hasn't visited the site in almost 6 months..... Best to start an all new thread with complete information.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C