Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Senior User

clydesride is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Inter cooler swap

Hey, I wondered if anyone knows what is involved in the TSB that swaps out the original IC for the up-dated one? I read somewhere that the newer one is smaller and keeps the temp up high enough to keep condensation "burned off" and naturally wondered if smaller was not as good as what I have now for performance?? Making plans to do the intake and tune her once the warranty is cooked (won't be long at my current mileage rate).
2012 F-150 Supercrew EB, XTR trailer tow and locking 373 diff, etc. Added a rear leaf (much better now) and MBRP exhaust (Nice sound now and bonus mileage increase) Had a 2002 Excursion, 7.3l, Limited, Dark Blue/Tan, 6637... RIP
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
New User

sfrace10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got mine done one mount ago. Up to now it fixed the problem but I really don't like it. It feel like I lost 50 hp especially in low to mid range. The fun with the ecoboost was the low end torque that allowed the transmission to stay in high gear and when you push the throttle you were able to feel the boost and go... This is now over. They probably recalibrate the transmission also because it now down shift all the time. The "day to day" fuel consumption as also increase, I was normally averaging 15 liters/100 km 15.7 miles/gallon(US) and now I can't barely keep it below 18 liters/100 km = 13.1 miles/gallon(US).

Anybody experienced the same thing?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Senior User

Hmmmm.... now I wonder if I can just cancel the idea of swapping it out? I don't have the stumble often enough to warrant losing power and mileage! Now that I have been to the dealer to whine have the wheels started to turn or can I back out? I'm gonna call them and check.

Less power and lower mileage?? Noooooooooo!
2012 F-150 Supercrew EB, XTR trailer tow and locking 373 diff, etc. Added a rear leaf (much better now) and MBRP exhaust (Nice sound now and bonus mileage increase) Had a 2002 Excursion, 7.3l, Limited, Dark Blue/Tan, 6637... RIP
Old 01-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Senior User

So I talked to my service manager and he told me they had to do the swap because as it was explained to him, the left side cat can get clogged and fail rendering the truck un-driveable.

Now I am torn between doing it and keeping my cat or not doing it with the intention of doing a proper intake and programmer and removing the cats altogether.

My warranty is over at 60,000 km if I am not mistaken on the emissions portion and I am already at 40,000 so I may not care about warranty?

Any thoughts peeps?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:38 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
^^^ The warranty should be for 60,000 US miles or the Canadian equivalent in KM's. I could be wrong and if so, you guys are getting hosed in my opinion.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Senior User

Yeah, I looked it up and I have 60,000km on emissions and 100,000 on powertrain.

I decided to just take it and not say anything and see how it all goes. I am certainly not in any position to change to another one right now and I do like my truck still.

Too much drama for me... gonna shut up now.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)