It has been slow going as I work full time durning the day and three nights and week ends at a part time job. But I still have gotten a few thing done on the 58. I put in the new radiator, I ordered it from Leadfoot racing, but it was for a earlier model Ford truck with a Chevy engine. I had to make two brackets to get it to fit and it turned out ok.
I also made these parts so I could flip the axle.
I then "C" nothed the frame.
I have the springs apart and have them in paint. I'm waiting on the bushing to put them on the truck. I'll start the rear end drop this week end. My goal is to have the truck lowered and driving by May. A local car event called Torque Fest is in May and I want to drive the truck durning the events. The Carb should be done on Friday. I can't wait to hear her purr again.
I'm not actually flipping the axle upside down. Its a term for putting the axle on top of the springs. That's how the truck becomes lower. The axle in the photo is turned upside down to show the brackets I made.