This has been about 6 years in the making. A lot of trucks were sacrificed for this project. I had a decision to make..Buy new, or Build a truck the way I like it. Here it is, not finished yet....but soon. It was built to Tow.
I had the truck 40% finished and then I was in a Bad head on crash, spent many months in the hospital. I was down for a few years, and my truck was stored away from me and the weather did a number on it, Forcing me to repeat most of the work again.
It is a 1985 F-350 Regular Cab 4X4 Chassis
-1979 F-150 Ranger Lariat Supercab,
-429 Engine Bored .30 over, 4 Speed with;
-C8VE Heads, Ported, Large Stainless Valves
-Performer RPM Intake
-Quick Fuel ss 780 Carb
-Comp Roller Rockers
-Comp guideplates, hardened pushrods, polylocks
-Melling Oil Pump
-FRPP Rear sump pan and pick up
-All New Gaskets and ARP Hardware
-Mad Dog 2" Fenderwell Headers
-Centerforce II Clutch and PP
-Centerforce SFI approved Flywheel
-K&N Air filter
-MSD 6A Ignition, Blaster Coil, Distributor, 8.5 mm Wires
JVC Arsenal Bluetooth Head Unit
Focal 165 KRX2 Component Speakers
Focal 2160 2 channel Amp
Audison 650 Monoblock 1 channel amp
Clarion 12" sub in custom enclosure
All New JL Audio Power Wires, RCA Cables, Sweaker Wire, Dist Block.
All Parts Listed new;
· Window Rubbers
· Dash Pad and arm rests...Thanks crsweet78
· 2004 FX-4 Seats, electric, Heated
· Dynomat complete cab
· Shift Boots
· Halogen Headlights and Harness Upgrade
· 3G alternator and Painless 3G Harness
· Marker Lights and roof marker lights
· Door Thresholds
· Aux Painless 7 circuit Boss
· Mark VIII Fan and Painless Relay
· Side Emblems
· Energy Suspension Body Mounts
· 38 Gallon Fuel Tank and Fuel Sender, Staps
· Front Calipers, Pads, All new Brake Lines
· Rear drums, shoes, E brake cables, etc.
· 4 Bilstein Shocks
· Class IV Hitch and Reese Digital Brake Controller
· Front fenders, door bottoms, floor pans, cab sides, box sides
· Front/Rear Bumpers
· 18” Fuel rims/MHT MTZ 325/65/18
· 1000 cca Battery, All New Battery Cables and Grounds, Solenoid
· NOS Black Door Panels
· Tilt Column, Cruise Control, Cargo Light, Vanity Mirror in sunvisor
· Dimmer switch, Delay Wipers
· All New U Joints
· Custom Steering U Joint
· Holley 110 GPH Fuel Pump, BG Fuel Filters, Braided Fuel Lines
· Autometer Phantom II Full Sweep water and Oil Mechanical gauges
· Painted Headliner with Duplicolor Black
· Fold out side windows, rear slider window
I have the box inside trying to get the body work done. I'm welding up a used tailgate that has a bunch of Rust. Then I will Put spray in boxliner in the box, undercoat bottom and paint. I am making a Tonneau cover to fit, to keep snow out.
I still need to figure out what I'm doing with the Grille. I plan on putting a FAST EFI on This year also.
It was my first paint job, looks good from 20 feet. Ha.
That truly was a long time coming. You did a ton of work and new parts. I really like the contrasting dash pad and door arm rest pads. I would have never had the creative insight to do such a thing but it looks awesome and aggressive. Great job!
__________________ 74 F350 w/79 Mitchell 11'-All Original- "Life is Good"
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.