1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series TrucksDiscuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
This has been about 6 years in the making. A lot of trucks were sacrificed for this project. I had a decision to make..Buy new, or Build a truck the way I like it. Here it is, not finished yet....but soon. It was built to Tow.
I had the truck 40% finished and then I was in a Bad head on crash, spent many months in the hospital. I was down for a few years, and my truck was stored away from me and the weather did a number on it, Forcing me to repeat most of the work again.
It is a 1985 F-350 Regular Cab 4X4 Chassis
-1979 F-150 Ranger Lariat Supercab,
-429 Engine Bored .30 over, 4 Speed with;
-C8VE Heads, Ported, Large Stainless Valves
-Performer RPM Intake
-Quick Fuel ss 780 Carb
-Comp Roller Rockers
-Comp guideplates, hardened pushrods, polylocks
-Melling Oil Pump
-FRPP Rear sump pan and pick up
-All New Gaskets and ARP Hardware
-Mad Dog 2" Fenderwell Headers
-Centerforce II Clutch and PP
-Centerforce SFI approved Flywheel
-K&N Air filter
-MSD 6A Ignition, Blaster Coil, Distributor, 8.5 mm Wires
JVC Arsenal Bluetooth Head Unit
Focal 165 KRX2 Component Speakers
Focal 2160 2 channel Amp
Audison 650 Monoblock 1 channel amp
Clarion 12" sub in custom enclosure
All New JL Audio Power Wires, RCA Cables, Sweaker Wire, Dist Block.
All Parts Listed new;
· Window Rubbers
· Dash Pad and arm rests...Thanks crsweet78
· 2004 FX-4 Seats, electric, Heated
· Dynomat complete cab
· Shift Boots
· Halogen Headlights and Harness Upgrade
· 3G alternator and Painless 3G Harness
· Marker Lights and roof marker lights
· Door Thresholds
· Aux Painless 7 circuit Boss
· Mark VIII Fan and Painless Relay
· Side Emblems
· Energy Suspension Body Mounts
· 38 Gallon Fuel Tank and Fuel Sender, Staps
· Front Calipers, Pads, All new Brake Lines
· Rear drums, shoes, E brake cables, etc.
· 4 Bilstein Shocks
· Class IV Hitch and Reese Digital Brake Controller
· Front fenders, door bottoms, floor pans, cab sides, box sides
· Front/Rear Bumpers
· 18” Fuel rims/MHT MTZ 325/65/18
· 1000 cca Battery, All New Battery Cables and Grounds, Solenoid
· NOS Black Door Panels
· Tilt Column, Cruise Control, Cargo Light, Vanity Mirror in sunvisor
· Dimmer switch, Delay Wipers
· All New U Joints
· Custom Steering U Joint
· Holley 110 GPH Fuel Pump, BG Fuel Filters, Braided Fuel Lines
· Autometer Phantom II Full Sweep water and Oil Mechanical gauges
· Painted Headliner with Duplicolor Black
· Fold out side windows, rear slider window
I have the box inside trying to get the body work done. I'm welding up a used tailgate that has a bunch of Rust. Then I will Put spray in boxliner in the box, undercoat bottom and paint. I am making a Tonneau cover to fit, to keep snow out.
I still need to figure out what I'm doing with the Grille. I plan on putting a FAST EFI on This year also.
It was my first paint job, looks good from 20 feet. Ha.
That truly was a long time coming. You did a ton of work and new parts. I really like the contrasting dash pad and door arm rest pads. I would have never had the creative insight to do such a thing but it looks awesome and aggressive. Great job!
__________________ 74 F350 w/79 Mitchell 11'-All Original- "Life is Good"
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.