Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM
New User

bunnykins is starting off with a positive reputation.
2007 Edge - horn honking after battery replacement

Hi there!

I replaced the battery in my 2007 edge and now if I park my car and lock my doors after about a minute the horn honks once and continues a single honk about every 30 seconds. If I leave it unlocked there's no honking.

I have an anti-theft system, it was already on the car when I bought it from the dealer (car was apparently a demo, had 5K miles on it), not sure if the alarm factory or after-market.

The mechanic tells me I need to have the ford dealer re-flash or re-program the system (I think that's what he said). However I've talked to the service department a few times and they say they doubt it's related to the anti-theft system but if I bring it in and they hook it up to their diagnostic machine they can maybe find out.

This didn't happen before the battery was replaced and it's driving me nuts.

Any suggestions as to what I can try doing myself to try and remedy? I don't want to have to pay $$$ to the dealer if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers