Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Senior User

4x4falcon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dry Vinyl Tape

Does anyone know of a supplier for dry vinyl tape in Australia?

I can get it from the manufacturer in the states but only in box lots (20mm tape, 160 x 30m rolls in a box).

I really don't need 160 rolls. 2 - 3 would probably do what I need.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
fleabay perhaps?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Senior User

Tried there.

Only from the states.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
What's it used for?

Maybe you can become the Aussie supplier care of 1 bulk order from the US and selling off the surplus via ozzy-fleabay.

I tend to use the rubber self-bonding 'dry' tape for lots of odd sealing jobs on the truck and around the house.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
What's it used for?
Wiring harness. Works up to 125C without breaking down.

Quote:
Maybe you can become the Aussie supplier care of 1 bulk order from the US and selling off the surplus via ozzy-fleabay.
No thanks. Been there, tried that. It's good when you have something new that everyone want's but as soon as others see you doing well with it then someone else comes along and sells the same or similar for half the price. Then someone else sells them for 1/4 the price. Soon it becomes pointless as the cost is more than the time is worth doing it.

Quote:
I tend to use the rubber self-bonding 'dry' tape for lots of odd sealing jobs on the truck and around the house.
Source for this? Is it good for high temp.

I've got silicone rescue tape but given that it's about $1 a meter it's way too expensive to use for wiring loom.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4falcon View Post
Source for this? Is it good for high temp.
Actually found it.

Similar pricing to rescue tape.

The dry vinyl is about 5c per meter and it's what Ford and other manufacturers use.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Posting Guru

SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a very good reputation on FTE.
I got 2 rolls through a TV ariel installer. He said they buy it by the box load and use a roll of tape per install.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Senior User

Available here:

Self Amalgamating Tape

That's about the cheapest I've seen it.

I bought mine in Kmart Karratha when they had a sale on. $10 per 5m roll.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Posting Guru

Only suggestion I have is to use the self-amalgamating tape but NOT to form a continous loom. Just bind the wires at every junction then every 10cm or so, then encase in the black plastic split loom.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter