Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
MC oil at Wallyworld

I was at my local Walmart a few weeks ago to pick up some oil as I was getting close to an OC. They had no MC 5W-20 syn blend so I figured I'd come back. Yesterday I was there and they had it but it was over $20/5 qt jug. I got Quaker State full syn 5w-20 for like 50 cents more than the MC. Last I bought it IIRC it wasn't that expensive (maybe 15ish ?), anyone else notice the increased price or is it just around here?

I had a half jug of the QS from last OC when they were out of MC, I didn't realize it until I had drained it and I wrote the info in my service book I had the full syn in there. I could've just done a filter and top-off. I'd like to get a UOA for the Quaker State around 10K next time. Anyway, original question- is the MC price up in all Walmarts?
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by D8chumley View Post
I was at my local Walmart a few weeks ago to pick up some oil as I was getting close to an OC. They had no MC 5W-20 syn blend so I figured I'd come back. Yesterday I was there and they had it but it was over $20/5 qt jug. I got Quaker State full syn 5w-20 for like 50 cents more than the MC. Last I bought it IIRC it wasn't that expensive (maybe 15ish ?), anyone else notice the increased price or is it just around here?

I had a half jug of the QS from last OC when they were out of MC, I didn't realize it until I had drained it and I wrote the info in my service book I had the full syn in there. I could've just done a filter and top-off. I'd like to get a UOA for the Quaker State around 10K next time. Anyway, original question- is the MC price up in all Walmarts?
I sure hope not. I changed back to MC because of price and my needs had changed. I will go back to Mobil1 full syn if the MC oil gets any higher and I'll back to annual dump cycles. I will at least lessen my maintenance time.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
It is $18.33 for the 5 gallon jug online.

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Maybe it was on the wrong shelf, but I'm pretty sure it was $20 and change on the tag on the shelf. I didn't look closely, so I could be wrong. The QS full syn was 20.97 and I still had 2+ qts left in the 5 qt jug from last time they didn't have the MC. Next time I will have to buy 2 jugs so I will look closer. Thanks for the replies guys
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D8chumley View Post
Maybe it was on the wrong shelf, but I'm pretty sure it was $20 and change on the tag on the shelf. I didn't look closely, so I could be wrong. The QS full syn was 20.97 and I still had 2+ qts left in the 5 qt jug from last time they didn't have the MC. Next time I will have to buy 2 jugs so I will look closer. Thanks for the replies guys
No problem...and you can always walk over and use their item scanner to confirm prices of an item when in doubt

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Senior User

'78F250351m is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just did an OC two days ago. 5qt jug of MC was $21 at Advanced Auto and they said I should have stopped in last week because it was on sale. When it comes to using specific brands of oil do you think people can be too picky? I know many people who have used "Walmart" brand oil for every OC and their vehicles have between 250k-300k miles on them and have never had an issue. I am aware that synthetic and non-synthetic are different btw but I'm not referring to that.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Posting Guru

Every other place I looked was over $20 besides WallyWorld...especially the auto parts stores.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
New User

coxodoina is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know many people who have used "Walmart" brand oil for every OC and their vehicles have between 250k-300k miles on them and have never had an issue. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM