Sponsored by: DP Tuner

AutoEnginuity question

Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
jpcjguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoEnginuity question

Hi all,

So I have a 02 Excursion with 7.3 and DPTuner. I just got the AE software and plugged it in on my way to work. I pulled up the MPH live feed and it just registers a .1 value. Huh??? Is the Tuner interfering? DP is closed today so I can't call Jody. Anyone have experience with this?

On another note what are the primary sensors and values you guys are monitoring? I am not a diesel expert by any means and looking for guidance on the best things to monitor. I did a search and am still learning a lot and plan on doing the tests located here: https://sites.google.com/site/woodnt.../autoenginuity

Thanks
Joe

Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
01PS
Elder User
I've never tried vehicle speed. Maybe you have a speed sensor out?

The only things I ever look at are ICP, IPR, throttle position, and EBP. I also use it to pull and clear codes. I have done injector buzz test, KOEO, and KOER.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Did you select advanced powertrain when you started your session?

The last link in my signature will give you some tests to conduct on your engine. KOEO (Key On, Engine Off) is a great test to start with.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jpcjguy
Hi all,

So I have a 02 Excursion with 7.3 and DPTuner. I just got the AE software and plugged it in on my way to work. I pulled up the MPH live feed and it just registers a .1 value. Huh??? Is the Tuner interfering? DP is closed today so I can't call Jody. Anyone have experience with this?

On another note what are the primary sensors and values you guys are monitoring? I am not a diesel expert by any means and looking for guidance on the best things to monitor. I did a search and am still learning a lot and plan on doing the tests located here: https://sites.google.com/site/woodnt.../autoenginuity

Thanks
Joe
I doubt the DP tuner is affecting the MPH value at all. You may have selected a non working function. I think the correct PID is "Vehicle Speed". Try using that one and see if it works better.

Alternatively, you can "Change Systems" and select the ABS module. In that system you can look at either of the front wheel speeds or the rear axle speed, or all three together.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Optimator
New User
I also have the exact same problem with my '01 F350 stock - no codes reported. I recently bought AutoEnginuity and when I selected 'vehicle speed' and took the truck for a spin, it just reported 0.1 MPH throughout the whole length of the test drive. @jpcjguy or anyone else with this issue...did you ever get it to report an actual MPH?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Optimator
I also have the exact same problem with my '01 F350 stock - no codes reported. I recently bought AutoEnginuity and when I selected 'vehicle speed' and took the truck for a spin, it just reported 0.1 MPH throughout the whole length of the test drive. @jpcjguy or anyone else with this issue...did you ever get it to report an actual MPH?
Yes, Vehicle Speed works on my system. Are you in the Enhanced Power train system?

Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Optimator
New User
Yes. I am able to read all other parameters I select except for the vehicle speed. I'm stumped.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am wondering if there is another PID that shows speed, I remember having this issue on my F450 once, and I chose a different PID and it showed correctly.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Optimator
New User
Thanks for all the quick replies, fellas . I'll keep digging.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
jpcjguy
Senior User
still no luck on my end. figure it out?

Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
This might help: [LINK]

Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Optimator
New User
Originally Posted by jpcjguy
still no luck on my end. figure it out?
No I haven't. I also followed Tugly's advice regarding the Communications Configurations within AE in the 'class in session' thread, but it didn't help.

I haven't had much time lately, but if/when I do nail it down, I'll post the solution...unless someone beats me to it.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
There are AE versions out there that slip a decimal on the Fuel Injector Pulse Width, this may be another hiccup like that. What version doesn't have the correct vehicle speed on the Enhanced Powertrain?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Optimator
New User
I just sent a support request through AE regarding this issue. Maybe it's something on their end. I'm running with v. 11.0.1, a build date of 12/21/2012 and the Ford Enhanced Bundle. I tried again this evening and I still couldn't get Vehicle Speed to display properly.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Greyliner
New User
I have the same problem also. I spoke with Bill at AE and he said he has never has never ran into this problem before and suggested to use an accelescope to read my Speed sensor on the bell housing. He said the sensor may be going out and that the truck may see the readings just fine but the AE program is so sensitive that its readings are out of range for it to see. Bill told me to look check all my grounds, Both batteries to engine and engine to frame. So i will do that tonight. I hope we figure this out soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AutoEnginuity question