Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Elder User

1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dwayne Dotson
Trailer wiring colors stock from truck side??

Early 1999 7.3L Manual transmission 2WD ODOMETER is in sig. and not applicable to this discussion any way.
I have some wires that I need to identify from the stock trailer harness that all had been cut by the previous owner. Some have wire nuts on them. I would like to wire in a 7 pin connector. I can always use an adapter to go to a 6 pin if needed. I already have a 4 pin connector that utilizes the brake/running/reverse light plug. It plugs into each plug OEM style and has a beautiful 4 pin connector that comes out of it. The white wire for that connector has a ring terminal connector that is connected to ground because its ground is not on that harness. I am cleaning up the hack job that used to be a old 4 pin connector and an old 6 pin connector. Please identify the following wires so I can make a good 7 pin connection and or good use of these wires.
The tailer wires were all cut off except for the red wire from the old 6 pin connector. It was connected to the small brown w/white stripe wire on the stock harness. The wires from the stock trailer harness are taped into a separate bundle from the standard truck brake/running/reverse lighting bundle. Three of the wires are much larger guage than the other 4 wires. I will capitalize the LARGER ONES to set them apart. Please Advise and thank you for helping.

BLUE

ORANGE

WHITE

brown w/white stripe

black w/light green stripe

yellow

dark green
Dwayne Early 1999 F250 2WD Extended cab. 190k B.E.S.T. Map CCV re-route, 50 cent mod, EBPV delete w/ blank pedestal, Resistor installed, 6637 filter w/pete's cover, Used 38R and Intl Up pipes(thanks for the great deal and getting that clamp back on...Jason), billet Plenums, new boots and clamps, AE, Stancor style GPR $38 http://www.aerialequipmentparts.com/...586-105111.htm. Window tint, Hutch and Harpoon mod, Parts on bench: HPOP re-seal kit, ICP, IPR, CPS, FRx, 4 way heater hose valve for cold AC mod, .

Last edited by 1fixitman; 01-07-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: edit colors
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Postmaster

nlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant future
WHITE is ground on pin #1
Black/Light Green is trailer back-up lights on center pin (not used very often)
ORANGE is trailer battery charge on pin #4
BLUE is trailer brake controller current on pin #2
Yellow is left turn on pin #5
dark green is right turn on pin #6
Brown/White is running lights on pin #3

Support The Semper Fi Fund or America's Fund

Your kids are better off if you blow their college savings in Las Vegas. They'll be just as uneducated, but at least they won't be as indoctrinated. - Neal, retired professor
Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Elder User

1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dwayne Dotson
Thank you. I am going to find a 7 pin connector tomorrow to wire this up.
Dwayne Early 1999 F250 2WD Extended cab. 190k B.E.S.T. Map CCV re-route, 50 cent mod, EBPV delete w/ blank pedestal, Resistor installed, 6637 filter w/pete's cover, Used 38R and Intl Up pipes(thanks for the great deal and getting that clamp back on...Jason), billet Plenums, new boots and clamps, AE, Stancor style GPR $38 http://www.aerialequipmentparts.com/...586-105111.htm. Window tint, Hutch and Harpoon mod, Parts on bench: HPOP re-seal kit, ICP, IPR, CPS, FRx, 4 way heater hose valve for cold AC mod, .
Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 PM