Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Whitey Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Whitey Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
CD Stuck in 6 Disk CD Changer

Anyone have a problem with a CD getting stuck in the 6 disk CD player?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
Those newer USB Drive Stereo decks are Sweet

sorrey dont know how to get it out
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Elder User

Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.
I had the same issue.....mine turned out to be a CD slipped out of the tray.

I pulled the radio out and took the top off of the radio. I got the CD out, plugged the radio in and got the rest of the Cd's to eject.

The ejector mechanism is messed up on mine and will not load/eject the discs right. So I am looking at an aftermarket upgrade with a navigation system, blue tooth, usb and a dvd player.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Elder User

Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey Ford View Post
Anyone have a problem with a CD getting stuck in the 6 disk CD player?

Thanks in advance!
ipod, dude... ipod....
Apollo 13 home.... just sayin'.....
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Elder User

Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.Fulthrotl has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman View Post
I had the same issue.....mine turned out to be a CD slipped out of the tray.

I pulled the radio out and took the top off of the radio. I got the CD out, plugged the radio in and got the rest of the Cd's to eject.

The ejector mechanism is messed up on mine and will not load/eject the discs right. So I am looking at an aftermarket upgrade with a navigation system, blue tooth, usb and a dvd player.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

about $1,500... 8 inch screen.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulthrotl View Post
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

about $1,500... 8 inch screen.

Looks like they have everything From the House and Kitchen sink to the Office loaded into 1 unit LOL
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Postmaster

04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold
My stock cd player is showing signs of eject issues ,so now I sing molly hatchet.lol any sterio shop can hook ya up.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
6 disk in dash changer units are TRASH.
If you MUST have a changer get the one that you can
stick under the seat or in the console OR the iPod
On how to remove the disk look at this YouTube

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
I've been told that the Ford cd players don't like home made cds. Although I've never had a problem with mine...

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Post Fiend

Ya 6 disk is outdated for shure

Do they even make it anymore???

With the amount of Meg Byte they can put on 1 usb thumb drive is the way to go

I think you get more stuff on USB then even if the 6 disks are Formated to hold more Plus not all those moving parts

I even put a Cheap Stereo in my work car that had USB Only not even a Disk Player I only wanted music. But it was SOOOOOOO Nice to get all that CD Mess out the car clean it up No more Disc to scratch Very Nice
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Some times it won't read the home burned one. The other problem
is the paper label will some times come part way off and then stick
to the rollers.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
Some times it won't read the home burned one. The other problem
is the paper label will some times come part way off and then stick
to the rollers.

Sean
i always put the labels on the bottom side of the disc... they
stick so much better there....
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 AM
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Whitey Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Whitey Ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you very much for the replies. I will take it out and get back to you on the solution. Thanks again.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Posting Guru

jmaskew has a good reputation on FTE.jmaskew has a good reputation on FTE.
Same thing happened to mine. I took the stereo apart to get the cd's out and noticed one of the small white plastic gears was missing 2 teeth... this was why the cd's would not eject.

Jonathan
2004 F250 PSD SB King Ranch 4x4:Build Date: 01/23/2004
Dieselsite Coolant Bypass Filter, High Idle Mod
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Harpoon Mod, Zoodad
Isspro 40 PSI Boost, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Trans Temp, Volt and EGT
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaskew View Post
Same thing happened to mine. I took the stereo apart to get the cd's out and noticed one of the small white plastic gears was missing 2 teeth... this was why the cd's would not eject.
Thanks. It is an 04 and those plastic gears only last so long. I will let you all know what I find. The owner is a good friend of mine, and I hope it is a cheap solution, like a label.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM