Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #46  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So now I gotta go pick up these parts.

How do I disable the front of the truck so I can drive it?

I removed the drive shaft from the transfer case.

Transfer case is "stuck" in 4wd which was "not engaged" when the front gernaded. Placed the xfer case in 4wd after towed to yard. Should I just force it to 2WD.

The gears are locked up in the transfer case and the auto 4WD hubs would not disingage going back wards.

If I remove the covers of the auto hubs will this allow the wheels to turn freely?

Since I need to drive it a 1000 mile will this destroy anything else in the drive train with the auto hubs removed? Maybe pack that area with extra grease to keep out any contaminants?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 AM
fordman67 fordman67 is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: evansville in
Posts: 5,927
fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Unlocking the hubs does just that.unlocks the drive axle from the hub/rotor.with that and ds out,as long as wheel bearings etc that rolls you will be fine.if you removed the hogs head on that one it wouldn't even matter,IF you pulled the axles out.but that's only because the axles would flop.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 AM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Picked up the 94 F350 Dana 60 front axle and it fit like a glove in the 97 F250.

Still have a couple bolts under the engine for the old axle brackets.

Missing a few parts and need advice.

Seems like there are many parts for this axle on a 4" lifted Jeep.

Brake lines?

F250 brake lines are way too short.

Should I get 94 brake lines $25 each. or should I opt for some aftermarket lines steel braided with extra 4 inches(not needed) ?

The pasenger side line is easy to see how to replace. Pull clip holding onto frame hold hard line with a wrench and unscrew line to caliper.

On the driver side the line seems to crimped onto a junction box with 3 lines. One to caliper, 2 hardlines with one to passenger side and another to brake system. Does the junction box come off the line to the caliper or is it crimpted onto the flexible line to the caliper?

Brackets?

Went to 4 junkyards yesterday. Could not find one part !!! The 4th junkyard told me parts dismantlers come in and take Dana 60's and all associated parts and resale them. So I went to 3 Ford truck resale dismantlers and they did not have the brackets.

Where can I get a
1986-97 Ford F250 F350 Truck Dana 60 Track Bar Mounting Bracket

Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 1986-97 Ford F250 F350 Truck Dana 60 Track Bar Mounting Bracket is available on Ebay used for $100. Fair price?

Can get a new aftermarket bracket for a 4" lifted truck for $70 but the geometry maybe off?

Also as a bonus I have sway bars on the front and rear purchaed axles.

I have no sway bar brackets on the truck? I see two holes predrilled on the frame directly above where the sway bar bolts on but no brackets.

Any Ideal where to get those brackets?

The rotors are worn out as are the pads. Any special tools to replace rotors?
Go with Raybestos Ceramics?

So need brake lines, track bar mounting bracket, As a minimum to get it moving.

Then Sway bar front rear brackets, rotors & pads to keep it safe.

Could not get the bracket off the xfer case for the drive shaft off since my socket side walls are too fat. Also need those bolts and figuire what size I need? Go with grade8 bolts?

Put new bearings in while at it? Any specific brand / part numbers? Is there a kit to lessen the cost?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
[quote=brown435;12685775]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]Click the image to open in full size."Photobucket"/" target="_blank">http://s407.beta.photobucket.com/user/roachjob/media/DSCF9561_zps026ecc25.jpg.html" target="_blank">

The top of the housing has a hole in it the gear from this popped out.

ALSO THE GEAR OIL LEVEL IS AT THE FILL HOLE !!! EVEN AFTER OIL LEAKED OUT!
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
fordman67 fordman67 is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: evansville in
Posts: 5,927
fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.fordman67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown435 View Post
The 1986-97 Ford F250 F350 Truck Dana 60 Track Bar Mounting Bracket is available on Ebay used for $100. Fair price?

Can get a new aftermarket bracket for a 4" lifted truck for $70 but the geometry maybe off?

Also as a bonus I have sway bars on the front and rear purchaed axles.

I have no sway bar brackets on the truck? I see two holes predrilled on the frame directly above where the sway bar bolts on but no brackets.

Any Ideal where to get those brackets?

The rotors are worn out as are the pads. Any special tools to replace rotors?
Go with Raybestos Ceramics?

So need brake lines, track bar mounting bracket, As a minimum to get it moving.

Then Sway bar front rear brackets, rotors & pads to keep it safe.

Could not get the bracket off the xfer case for the drive shaft off since my socket side walls are too fat. Also need those bolts and figuire what size I need? Go with grade8 bolts?

Put new bearings in while at it? Any specific brand / part numbers? Is there a kit to lessen the cost?
I would venture that the track bar bracket on flebay is not a terrible price.The problem is most times it seems like they dont seperate so the whole assy can be sold for a swap.
The drivers side line comes with the block,not able to be seperated.How much lift? i used stockers on mt 350 with the 3" rsk.oops just saw 4" lift,order lines for 4" lift.and the track bar will need a track bar drop bracket
the rotors will require you to drive the wheel studs out,swap rotor,drive them back in.
rebuild if you need to..or not..i would check the fluid for my answer.and if you have it apart,replace the inner axle seals inside the dif.
__________________
1996 f-350 cclbsrw4x4 psd
41 ford super deluxe tudor
64 fairlane sports coupe
1925 T tudor sedan
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Diesel_Brad's Avatar
Diesel_Brad Diesel_Brad is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gilbert, PA
Posts: 13,579
Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
If keeping the stock height or SLIGHTLY taller stick with the stock track bar bracket. If going 4" get the 4" drop bracket.

100 for the obsolete hard to find track bar bracket is cheap. I would not sell one for any less
__________________
Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seats. PM me !!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I found one metal fab house making the 1986-97 Ford F250 F350 Truck Dana 60 Track Bar Mounting Bracket for $75 plus shipping.

Will call tomorrow to find out if makes sway bar brackets.

OBS Track Bar Bracket

Anybody know where to get frame mounted brackets for the sway bars?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Diesel_Brad's Avatar
Diesel_Brad Diesel_Brad is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gilbert, PA
Posts: 13,579
Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
BANKS mskes the frame side sway bar brackets, I forget the part number though
__________________
Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seats. PM me !!!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM
mountaineer27's Avatar
mountaineer27 mountaineer27 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: emporium
Posts: 1,056
mountaineer27 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mountaineer27 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A1C SWINGER
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown435 View Post
Picked up the 94 F350 Dana 60 front axle and it fit like a glove in the 97 F250.

Still have a couple bolts under the engine for the old axle brackets.

Missing a few parts and need advice.

Seems like there are many parts for this axle on a 4" lifted Jeep.

Brake lines?

F250 brake lines are way too short.

Should I get 94 brake lines $25 each. or should I opt for some aftermarket lines steel braided with extra 4 inches(not needed) ?

The pasenger side line is easy to see how to replace. Pull clip holding onto frame hold hard line with a wrench and unscrew line to caliper.

On the driver side the line seems to crimped onto a junction box with 3 lines. One to caliper, 2 hardlines with one to passenger side and another to brake system. Does the junction box come off the line to the caliper or is it crimpted onto the flexible line to the caliper?

Brackets?

Went to 4 junkyards yesterday. Could not find one part !!! The 4th junkyard told me parts dismantlers come in and take Dana 60's and all associated parts and resale them. So I went to 3 Ford truck resale dismantlers and they did not have the brackets.

Where can I get a
1986-97 Ford F250 F350 Truck Dana 60 Track Bar Mounting Bracket

Click the image to open in full size.
I have one in the toolbox in my truck. Pm me if you can't find one cheap. Came with my D60 but I needed one for a 4" lift

Buy the way, unlike others here I will sell it dirt cheap to ya :-)
__________________
YOUR V10 COULDN'T EVEN PULL MY PSD
1997 F250 XLT 7.3 PSD 4x4. TYMAR INTAKE, DPP 6 POS CHIP, 1.00 A/R, 17* HPOP, INTERCOOLER, STAGE II'S, Jasper remain trans, 3 DOWNPIPE, 5" BACK, 6 INCH STACKS, GLOWSHIFT GAUGES, 4 INCH LIFT, 35 TRAIL GRAPPERS, 17 AMERICAN EAGLE RIMS, 5000 LB AIR BAGS, 10K WINCH [wrecked] - JEFF
AND STILL CHEAPER THAN YOUR NEW TRUCK!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer27 View Post
I have one in the toolbox in my truck. Pm me if you can't find one cheap. Came with my D60 but I needed one for a 4" lift

Buy the way, unlike others here I will sell it dirt cheap to ya :-)

Sent you a PM for getting the bracket to 91320. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Should I order 97 F250 brake lines with 4 inch lift so they fit

or

order 94 F350 lines?

Are the $20 lines good enough or spend $100 on Stainless Steel lines?

Any pointers here would be great.

Just want it to work !

I can find passenger size brake line every where for $12 but cannot seem to find driver side cause it has a block on each end.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Similar question on rotors and pads.

Any experience out there on what to purchase?

Metalic , semi , ceramic

Any brand recommendations on rotors & or pads?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 AM
tjc transport's Avatar
tjc transport tjc transport is offline
i ain't rite
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Marlboro Mental Hospital
Posts: 32,884
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
i use napa premium rotors and the premium metalic/ceramic pads.
__________________
Tom

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 AM
brown435 brown435 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 69
brown435 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
i use napa premium rotors and the premium metalic/ceramic pads.

Picked up rotors and pads from pepboys for $88 ($20 off online coupon)


Autozone has the set of brake lines ... both for $24 Unless I find a better product will buy these brake likes.

Just bought Redline synthetic gear oil for $48 gallon.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:48 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
05 Insurance/Salvage rebuild - frame swap jphauler Super Duty & Heavy Duty 9 07-09-2014 01:35 AM
Time for 8.8 rebuild EPNCSU2006 Clutch, Transmission, Differential, Axle & Transfer Case 5 06-04-2011 08:54 PM
salvage must have bent the tie-rod... Twohands Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 1 02-15-2005 09:24 PM
771/2 to 76 3/4 axle swap mustangguy732 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1 10-13-2004 07:52 PM
Broke 3 dana 44 front ends. where does it stop? Chris Iverson 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 22 12-23-2003 06:58 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup