Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Thumbs up Let's welcome flyboy2610, our newest member!

Hey guys, help me in welcoming our newest member, flyboy2610, to the Nebraska chapter!

Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Posting Guru

flyboy2610 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks, 97nukeford!
I would like to say greetings to all my fellow Huskers! (Next year will be better. We hope.)
It's good to be a part of this group, and I hope I can contribute something useful from time to time. I hope you will all forgive me for working in a factory that makes car parts...... for Honda. Hey, a job is a job, right? I run a 300 ton (capacity, not weight) stamping press and make various seat components, depending on which die is set. Right now the press line is doing 10 hour days, 6 days a week so that doesn't leave a lot of time for the computer, so don't think I'm ignoring you all or anything like that!
My truck, Frodo, is a 1969 Ford F250 Camper Special. He has a 360 with a C6, and a limited slip Dana 60 rear with 3.73 gears. He'll get 8 mpg rolling downhill with a good tailwind.
Some of the things I've done are: I removed this hideous monstrosity that a PO laughingly thought was a bumper/hitch and replaced it with a Starlight bumper from LMC. It has two rectangular lights in it. I wired the relay wire into the output side of the cargo light switch, so now the cargo light and the bumper lights all come on at the same time. That way I can hook up the trailer in the dark, if I ever have to.
Click the image to open in full size.
I also installed a DrawTite hitch. I put in a Highliner headliner with 4 speakers and mounted a small CB radio in it. I put in a single DIN radio in the dash using a Metra stereo install kit. I installed a plastic firewall cover from LMC. Those original cardboard covers get pretty ratty after 40 years! I converted the front end from drum brakes to discs. And I found a topper that fits pretty good for $100. This past fall I replaced the king pins and the I-beam and radius rod bushings. I went with polyurethane bushings from Prothane. That made a world of difference in the ride!
Some of the future projects are: Installing the Old Air Products Slimline AC unit, along with a compressor and all related parts; putting in some high back buckets seats and center console that I got from U-Pull-It in Omaha; and repainting him a dark Hunter Green and off white.
I am currently in the process of rebuilding and repainting some doors, and installing power windows and lock with remote entry.
He is actually the second bumpside that I've owned. The first was a 1968 F100, which I turned into a trailer. His name is Frankie, short for Frankenstein, because there were parts from 4 different model years on him when I bought him! I think I'll paint him to match Frodo eventually. That'll be cool!
Here's a pic of both of them together:
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks for having me! (Although, perhaps I should be wary of associating with any group that would accept someone like me as a member! To paraphrase Groucho Marx.)
See ya around!
1969 F250 Camper Special
<a href=http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/flyboy2610/John/Truck%20pics/Topper%20pics/Sideshot.jpg target=_blank>http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g8...s/Sideshot.jpg</a>
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Hey flyboy! I'll have to come back and check out the pics from home, can't see them here at work. I'll be interested to see that AC setup, I'm going to be putting in one in my 67 also. I know Vintage Air has a setup too.

Trust me, you'll fit right in with this clan!!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Senior User

newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the madness. Nice truck but way too new for me!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM