Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
New User

Yingling256 is starting off with a positive reputation.
the tranny is stock, never touched it. but my injectors wents out and im looking to gain a little more power while i have it all apart and i figured just putting stage one injectors in it would give me some more power but wasnt sure if i would need to buy anything extra to power the injectors or not... like i said i have a cold air intake exhaust and a chip on it. just looking for a little more power.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM
New User

i just dont want to put bigger ones in and have to do a bunch of other stuff to it for the truck to run right. i want to go bigger though.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Posting Guru

Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.
Stage 1's sound like what you are looking for. AC 160 injectors with a stock nozzle or 175/146 sounds close to what you describe. Give Swamps a call, and Riffraff a call see what they recomend. There are others out there too. Most likely their recommendations will be similar.
7.3, 4R100, 4x4, CC, SB, 4"lift, 315/75/16, AIS, GTP38R, Turbonetics outlet, 4" MBRP, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Hydra w Power-Struck & Gearhead tuning, Swamps HI V/F IDM, IH bellows, Plenum inserts, Ic boots, OCR, HPx, FRx, Hutch/Harpoon, Racor heated prepump filter, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines to heads, Isspro gages, ELC, BTS vb, 6.0 cooler, Melling LPOP, DIY traction bars, AE, all work done by ME and FTE!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Stock AC 160s, otherwise known as stage 1s. They'll blow your hair back without blowing your wallet out. I suggest new... as opposed to remans. These injectors are already engineered for existing trucks out there with the High Output T444E.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Posting Guru

JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewcab Turbo View Post
Take a look at Swamps diesel. They are the ONLY company that's builds their own injectors and also does their own tuning. I like the idea of no finger pointing between the injector suplyer and the tuning company. Swamps may not be the cheapest but, They have the best warranty you will find.
Actually I beleive Nate at Unlimited Diesel Perfomance has the best warranty at Lifetime.

Also he works very closely with Matt at Gearhead performance for the tuning. Matt has had several trucks in Diesel power lately that he has tuned. (the most of anyone I beleive).

However swamps is great along with all the others. If one was close to you that is who I would go with. I wish I was closer to Matt so I could get live tuned.
2.5" leveling kit, F-350 rear blocks, Remote start, AFE II, 4" turbo back, Riffraff wheel, HFO, T-5 hpop, FRx, HPx, 50 cent mod, CCV mod, Hutch, Harpoon, 20" Diamos wrapped in 305 NITTOS, Stage 1.5 30% Single shot, Hydra with tunes from Gearhead.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Senior User

KonaGrown is starting off with a positive reputation.
YingLing, you haven't mentioned if you had any gauges. If you are going to upgrade injectors I HIGHLY recommend that you get a set of gauges. Atleast an EGT gauge.

2001 F250 7.3 PSD 220,000 mi CC shortbed 4X4, Auto, 3.73's. 2" Lift w/285's, 08 Mirrors, Rosewood Stage 1's (160cc/stock nozzles), TW tunes, 6637, 4"dp to 4" straight pipe, Isspro gauges, Yakima roof rack/basket
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Postmaster

Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.Bonanza35 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think you need to be the first to go with the 20% over stock injectors you mentioned and then tell us how you like them. They should work with your tuner the way it is till you can get live tuned. Should put you in the same place as the stage one 160 AC's or close. If you go bigger you better have gauges. Let us know what you do please.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Post Fiend

BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
If you want stock injectors with oversized nozzles those are out there, but they are not super popular.

Jim at Rosewood has the "Budget" stage 2's for $885 which is a 80% over nozzle on the stock AD/AB injector, if that is what you want.

Alan 2000 F-350 CC SRW 4WD, DIY FRx, DIY CCK, Tyrant Tuning, BTS Trans, SpringerPop's Disabler, 6637 Filter, OCR, DIY Hutch Mod, Van Turbo w/RR 6/6 billet wheel, Foil Delete, 50Cent Mod, 4" Turbo back, other stuff...297,000 Miles and counting.Towing 2005 32' Sandpiper 5'er 2007 CC SRW 4WD 6.0 mostly stock
Member Arkansas Chapter
Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM
New User

i do have gauges, EGT, Tranny Temp, and Boost gauges. i talked to the guys at riff raff and they said i would have to get a bigger fuel pump for my truck to run right on stage one injectors, so i just ordered stock injectors.

is there anything i can do to my truck to make it run better without paying a fortune?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Elder User

VegasFordSD has a great reputation on FTE.VegasFordSD has a great reputation on FTE.VegasFordSD has a great reputation on FTE.VegasFordSD has a great reputation on FTE.VegasFordSD has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingling256 View Post
i do have gauges, EGT, Tranny Temp, and Boost gauges. i talked to the guys at riff raff and they said i would have to get a bigger fuel pump for my truck to run right on stage one injectors, so i just ordered stock injectors.

is there anything i can do to my truck to make it run better without paying a fortune?
Weird! I'm running Casserly "stage 1" 160cc single shots on stock fuel with absolutely no problems. I know a lot of people running 160's with stock fuel.

Chris
B.E.S.T. map
2003 F-350... Stage I sticks, Dp F5, Phantom II gauges, 6637, Wicked Wheel, FrX, HPX, JW trans, T-500, Warn hubs, 4" exhaust with delete, CCV mod, Zoodad, OCR, 325/65/18 Dick Cepeks, Fox shocks (dual front),
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Posting Guru

JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.JT250 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasFordSD View Post
Weird! I'm running Casserly "stage 1" 160cc single shots on stock fuel with absolutely no problems. I know a lot of people running 160's with stock fuel.
I'm running 160s on stock ...original...pump. if you were going to run it WOT all the time you would want something that would keep up but in this instance I would say they are wrong. I watch my fuel pressure gauge and it only gets to the minimum recommended psi at wot. AND who does that even once a day or week?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:

Clay said that? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.... Uh... I'm running stage IIs and while the pump is at it's limit, it's doing it. Maybe he found something out about longevity that I don't know.

Anyhoo... IF you were to get stage 1s, you would absolutely have to get your truck re-tuned for them. Is it too late to delay the order and consult with people before you chisel stock sticks into stone?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Posting Guru

Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have talked to 5 injector suppliers and all say a stock pump with a regulated return will run all of the stage 2's I have been looking at. I'm verry surprised to hear Clay said that.
7.3, 4R100, 4x4, CC, SB, 4"lift, 315/75/16, AIS, GTP38R, Turbonetics outlet, 4" MBRP, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Hydra w Power-Struck & Gearhead tuning, Swamps HI V/F IDM, IH bellows, Plenum inserts, Ic boots, OCR, HPx, FRx, Hutch/Harpoon, Racor heated prepump filter, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines to heads, Isspro gages, ELC, BTS vb, 6.0 cooler, Melling LPOP, DIY traction bars, AE, all work done by ME and FTE!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Post Fiend

big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
okay, thanks guys you helped me out alot! and saved me a bunch of money!!!!
Never get tired of hearing this comment. Now you know where to get all your info with your truck, welcome aboard.. Also, another one here, cancel the stockers and go with a stage 1, its not that much more and you will see a difference like the guys said.
Mike's 03 [font=Verdana]F-250 7.3 CC SB XLT 4x4 Auto and just joined the 229,000 miles and counting. [font=Comic Sans MS]PAA#26 Wife's: Whoops, I mean an 08 (Explorer) Eddie B. 4.0 v6 4x4 109,000
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Posting Guru

^ x2. What he said!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel