6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Bluetooth In-Cab Microphone

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
InSearchOf
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth In-Cab Microphone

I've been told multiple times that when talking on the phone via bluetooth in the truck, that I sound very far away. This has been told to me when I had my 2011 F250SD & now my 2012 F350SD. The phone I have is the Samsung Epic 4G through Sprint. I also have an Infiniti G37S Sedan, & when I talk via bluetooth in the Infiniti, I don't get any complaints.
Has anyone else experienced any difficulties with the in-cab bluetooth microphone?, & is there a way to increase the microphone "Gain" on the truck?

V/R
Will

Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM
stro1965
Junior User
My wife says the exact same thing about it when I talk to her over Sync, she hates it.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
elee3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts
I had that problem at first, then I deleted my phone then re-synced it, and that seemed to help.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Fontana
Senior User
I've been having problems with my sync. I have an IPhone5 and I got it paired fine. Trouble is someone calls me while I'm driving and my mic doesn't work. I can hear the caller fine but they can't hear me. Noticed that there is an option for "privacy mode" and it seems to be engaged. I push privacy mode off and it works fine. I've been told that the sound quality is perfect. People can't tell that I'm talking through my truck's Bluetooth connection.

So in summary when it works it's great but 90% of the time I have to quickly change the source to the phone and on speaker. Can anyone educate me on how to use this Bluetooth connection?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 AM
glsurratt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try this link:

Sync Workshops: Correctly Pairing the Android Phone - Ford Tech Lane

One paragraph says:
"The Ford Microsoft Sync system works well with most phones. However, if some phones, like the Android-based Samsung, HTC or even the Blackberry phones, need to be “paired” correctly. If paired incorrectly some Android-based and Blackberry cell phone will not download their phone books — making it impossible to “call” out a name to the Sync system. Also, the calls may randomly drop or the phone might randomly switch into “Privacy Mode.”

Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
InSearchOf
Junior User

Yes Sir, the microphone in the headliner above the drivers seat.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fontana
I've been having problems with my sync. I have an IPhone5 and I got it paired fine. Trouble is someone calls me while I'm driving and my mic doesn't work. I can hear the caller fine but they can't hear me. Noticed that there is an option for "privacy mode" and it seems to be engaged. I push privacy mode off and it works fine. I've been told that the sound quality is perfect. People can't tell that I'm talking through my truck's Bluetooth connection.

So in summary when it works it's great but 90% of the time I have to quickly change the source to the phone and on speaker. Can anyone educate me on how to use this Bluetooth connection?
Speaking of this, I also have an iPhone and have noticed anytime you use the phone to initiate the call or pickup (instead of using voice commands and steering wheel buttons), it defaults to privacy mode. You should get the prompt on the phone for <SYNC> <iPhone>. (I think that is what it says.) Selecting Sync puts it back through the Bluetooth, selecting iPhone keeps it in private mode. It will also show In Privacy (or something like that) on the radio display.

One of the things that I can't figure out is how to keep the Bluetooth Audio from coming on on my phone automatically. Every time I get in the truck (even if I have the radio on FM), the phone automatically starts playing music (no sound of course because the radio is not on Bluetooth Audio). If anyone can tell me how to stop that, I would appreciate it.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Fontana
Senior User
Originally Posted by DSLPWRD
Speaking of this, I also have an iPhone and have noticed anytime you use the phone to initiate the call or pickup (instead of using voice commands and steering wheel buttons), it defaults to privacy mode. You should get the prompt on the phone for <SYNC> <iPhone>. (I think that is what it says.) Selecting Sync puts it back through the Bluetooth, selecting iPhone keeps it in private mode. It will also show In Privacy (or something like that) on the radio display.

One of the things that I can't figure out is how to keep the Bluetooth Audio from coming on on my phone automatically. Every time I get in the truck (even if I have the radio on FM), the phone automatically starts playing music (no sound of course because the radio is not on Bluetooth Audio). If anyone can tell me how to stop that, I would appreciate it.

My music starts automatically as well. Annoying right? Naturally my IPHONE 5 is brand new so I do not yet have but a few songs on it anyway. I do have a respectable collection stored on my truck's hard drive. This is an awesome capability and makes XM radio obsolete. Looking forward to reading the instructional feedback you received. I'll try using the voice prompts rather than the phone see if that helps.