Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Little help here

Hey guys, hope y'all had some good holidays. The snow's finally melted to the point that I might be able to get the F-100 out of the driveway by tomorrow or so.

Things proceeding smoothly into the new year here at the shop.
Monday afternoon a guy dropped off a new project at the shop...a '72 Mach 1. The car is an original Q code 351CJ car, but, boy, this dude is rough, and body parts are hard to come by.

Anybody know somebody who has a '71-'73 Mustang fastback that might be used as a donor car?
I'm needing the hood and deck lid, both doors, both front fenders and portions of the roof surrounding the back glass.
I can get the hood, lower quarter panels, fenders and deck lid as re-pops, but I havn't been able to locate the doors or even the door skins.

Mathew's in Rose Bud has a lot of what I need, but before I pay his prices, I'd like to see if I can find a sort of complete car with some servicible parts for less.

Thanks,
Wally
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Happy New Year Wally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Monday afternoon a guy dropped off a new project at the shop...a '72 Mach 1. The car is an original Q code 351CJ car, but, boy, this dude is rough, and body parts are hard to come by.
They'll pass everything on the road...except a gas station. Don't ask how I know this little tidbit/fact.

I'm not much use on the donor car...but I'll ask a couple of guys around here in the Mustang club if they know of one.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Sorry for the delay, no luck on Fastback up around here. The few that are around are either junk piles, wrecks going for a premium...or actually good looking cars someone has put time & money into.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah, that's what I'm finding, also.
Got a couple of decent doors from Matthew's and he's got a couple other parts I need, too.
A lot less stuff available aftermarket than for the earlier model 'Stangs.
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:44 AM