Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
January 2013 Chat Thread!!!

Happy New Year !!!!!

I hope that everyones year so far is going great. Did you eat your Collards and Black Eyed Peas yesterday ???? Saw a great looking F250 4x4 this morning at the Gas station and told him about us on here. I missed watching the ball drop, I was exhausted and fell fast asleep long before it came down....
Join the Georgia Forum- Click Here

Old 01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Postmaster

Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.Grubbworm has a great reputation on FTE.
theGrubbworms JoEllen Grubbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefM View Post
Happy New Year !!!!!

I hope that everyones year so far is going great. Did you eat your Collards and Black Eyed Peas yesterday ???? Saw a great looking F250 4x4 this morning at the Gas station and told him about us on here. I missed watching the ball drop, I was exhausted and fell fast asleep long before it came down....
I at some Hoppin John, if you know what that is. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year.
Troubleshooting help, for anyone that needs it.
Reward good advice with a note by clicking the left red "Add to Reputation"
button right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Senior User

koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.
Hop N John good stuff brings out the South in Yall.

Happy New Year everyone.

Chief: You guys gonna make some awesome Goat Cheese or is this just a pet?

Kyle's 74 CS
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
She is just a pet. She was a field goat and still very weary of anyone trying to pet her. My wife can but she is still scared of me.
We could never eat Stella...

Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning everyone !!!
I hope everyone is enjoying the cold and rainy weather...NOT. How long till summer gets here???

Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Senior User

Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Southern Bronco is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
SouthernBronco
Hope every one is having a good weekend. I'll be glad when i can get over this darn flu, had it for the last two weeks and just can't shake it.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Senior User

koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.
Yep I am ready for some summer myself. Anybody heard from Jason did he come back from FLA or decide to stay where the Merc stays high in the Glass?

Kyle's 74 CS
Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning everyone,
I hope you shake the flu soon southern, I seem to hang to to sickness when I get them too. Worked on the yard this weekend, we have a ton of oak trees and if I had a penny for every acorn I raked up, I would be a rich man. Have not heard a word from Jason, he might have decided to stay in Florida...

Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Junior User

ShadowSnowLeopard is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the end of Monday! Thank Goodness! I guess really it wasn't that bad, just Monday. I enjoyed sitting in front of the fireplace yesterday much more than sitting at my desk. Haha. But, at least I have a desk to sit at right? Not much else happening in Douglasville and nothing at all done on the old truck. One day.

Random question: What is your opinion of the old oil bath air filter? I understand they are pretty heavy duty compared to modern paper filters. Any need to change it? My local mechanic says no so I was just curious.

1966 F100 Custom Cab - In progress

2003 Expedition XLT - Daily driver (Quickly approaching 250,000!)
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I would stick with the oil bath like the mechanic says, I think they are superior to paper filters in my opinion.

I bought 2 fire logs to use at Christmas, I have not sat still long enough to use them. Looks like it is getting warmer over the next few days and I have military duty this weekend so I will not be using them.

The transfer to the Atlanta unit has been delayed, I will keep everyone updated so we can plan a get together one day.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Howdy y'all.

Yes, we made it back from sunny Fla. There were a few moments I wished I had taken the time to recharge the AC system - but they were mostly in south GA on the way home last Wednesday!!

The trip was great and the Excursion performed flawlessly. The diesel gauge may be broken though - it has barely moved in the 2k miles I've put on the X since recommissioning it!! Lol, I dunno how you folks pay for fuel, I only did it for 2mths and it nearly killed me driving up to those pumps and swiping my card all the time...

Scott sent me a PM and mentioned he started a GTG thread somewhere. I'll have to find it and post a link here. I've gotta go to SoCal and work for the next couple weeks , but I'm game anytime after that!!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Did an impromptu hike up to Brasstown Bald (highest point in GA) with Jordan, Daisy and my Mom after school today. Here's me and the boy up at the observation tower:

Click the image to open in full size.

Jordan and Daisy looking north over Lake Chatuge (our summer hangout):

Jordan pointing at our Excursion in the parking lot - 1500ft in elevation below us:

Jordan looking west toward our house, which is just beyond that near ridge. Its about 3mi away as the crow flies:

(3) generations:

Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I can't see pictures on the work computer but north Georgia is very beautiful. I can't wait to get out of the flat lands and into some rolling hills counrty. I hope to make the move to the Atlanta area somtime in the near future. Many different factors have to fall into place for that to happen, but not out of the question.

Another 45 minutes and I can call it a day, it has been a long one.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning !!!!
What freaky weather?? I was wearing a jacket to work on monday, this morning I had the window down. Suppose to be even warmer tomorrow and Saturday. I have military duty this weekend so I will not be able to enjoy it.

Glad to hear the truck had no issues, I love Florida !!! I lived there most of my life before I joined the military. Central Florida is my favorite, the Orlando/ Daytona area.

Gas went up 11 cents a gallon yesterday, in the morning it was $3.31 on the way home it was $3.42, what gives????
Hope everyone has a great day !!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

I passed my PT test and height /weight today so it looks like I am heading off to an Army School next month. It's the last thing I need so I can get promoted in October !!!! I should be able to get on here at night after school.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM