2014+ Transit 2014+ full size Ford Transit Van, Wagon, Cutaway and Chassis-Cab

2014 Ford Transit Unveiled with EcoBoost, Diesel Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM
PStruwing
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Ford Transit Unveiled with EcoBoost, Diesel Options

Here is the most detailed 2014 Transit article as of yet!

2014 Ford Transit Unveiled with EcoBoost, Diesel Options | AutoGuide.com News

Old 01-04-2013, 06:08 PM
klinquist
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capable of towing more but with what engine? Only those three? Sounds like they will be slooooowww.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM
E150 4.9 1990
Junior User
Guys, I just shooted that for you...

So I was driving during the Christmas vacation with my E250 and at a Ford dealer I saw something unusual standing in front of the showroom: the new Transit Custom ( or what ). It is a part of the newly revealed new Transit range. It is same size as the VW Transporter T5 and I think it won't be offered in the US ( but who knows, as the Transit Connect is successful as you write here many times ) but here it will be a serious competitor for the VW which has no real rival on the EU market. Prices are - to my opinion - hefty, it starts from 23.500USD. If I consider it is very simple constructed vehicle with unibody + FWD then it seems to be a lot. The only thing which is technically evaluable is the 2.2 turbodiesel engine which is strong, very torqy ( do I write this correctly?? seems to be strange for my taste that word ) and I hate it, but I do think with my heart and not with my valet so most people will like it and will forgive its ugly sound ( like all 4cyl diesel that sounds the same like a handful screw in a tin box ) and its ugly smell.

The new Transit is just like the small, wakes no emotion. The American trucks and vans are heavy, thirsty and may be oldfashioned but somehow can be loved even with the fact that the fuel costs ( it costs more than the double of the US prices... ) are really ugly. Actually that is the only thing why people buy here such vehicles. The EU vans are very smart but no emotions, absolutely no and look awful we all know that but a fleet manager cares on the bills and he do that all right. I looks the golden age of emotional trucks and vans approaches to its end in the US too which is a pity. Actually I don't know why Ford wasn't unable to make a masculine design for the new Transit, if we can't have a real truck at least we should get one that looks like. Now only the Express remained true American designed ( actually I think it looks better that the 92 - today Econoline - I miss the olda - 91 Eco so much ) vehicle. I go and make a turn with my E250 now, I want hear its engine rumbling ))

Oh, I don't know how to insert a picture, I did save them from my phone to my computer...please help!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Henry10s
Elder User
Wow! Ford is still making Tutti-fruitti , ciao amore mio, voglio un fiore Transits? Rinky-dink skoda little BS diesel motors? Often times, we Americans think that European cars are some exotic, high-quality stuff. My wife now likes the new Fiat 500. Little does she know, and I can't convince her that Yugos are better built than Fiats. There is no worse-quality POS cars out there than Fiats, Lancias, Alfas, or Citroens. Yet, we drop our pants and say Wow!! Wow. Escusez moi!!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,390 Likes on 1,099 Posts
Oh, I don't know how to insert a picture, I did save them from my phone to my computer...please help!
Where do you live? Would love to see any photos you have of this new beast!

You have to first have your photos on a hosted site like PhotoBucket, et al then using the advanced posting editing options like your thread or reply to the URL of the photo on the hosting site.

I was looking in the FAQ for a how-to on this but didn't immediately find one---will keep looking....................

Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Exclamation

Okay everyone, let's try this again. I just removed the last nine posts in this thread, as they had nothing to do with the original topic.

This will be the first and last time I do this, enough is enough.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:06 PM
gijim2k1
Junior User
I think not offering a V8 is a huge mistake. Where the ecoboost works in the F150, because, lets face it, most people don't really need the V8 most of the time, it will fall short, I feel in a van. the chassis cabs and cut aways what Ford will sell to make into box truck and campers will put alot of strain on the ecoboost. Probably won't see any improvement in enconomy of the V8. As is the case when you load up an F150 with a big trailer. Ok, thats my rant.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Many Euro vehicles have not done well in the US, but Ford seems to be having success bringing some of them over.

With the ever-increasing cost of gasoline, I think we will have to accept that the configuration of our vehicles will eventually change. I never thought any four-cylinder vehicle could go 100k miles, and there are Hondas and Subarus running around with half a million miles on them.

Engineers are hopefully smarter than ever, and as a result, newer generations of vehicles will hopefully be better than ever. In 1974, I thought the smog and insurance issues had killed high performance muscle cars forever. A new 5 liter Mustang or Vette can run circles around any of the late 60's muscle cars, and can actually go around corners and stop in shorter distances than I thought possible. And the new cars will actually start in the winter and run for 200k miles if treated well. I have faith in progress. If you don't, stock up on a barn full of E vans, enough for a lifetime supply for you.

George

Old 06-18-2013, 06:00 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,218 Likes on 801 Posts
Originally Posted by gijim2k1
I think not offering a V8 is a huge mistake. Where the ecoboost works in the F150, because, lets face it, most people don't really need the V8 most of the time, it will fall short, I feel in a van. the chassis cabs and cut aways what Ford will sell to make into box truck and campers will put alot of strain on the ecoboost. Probably won't see any improvement in enconomy of the V8. As is the case when you load up an F150 with a big trailer. Ok, thats my rant.

The ecoboost has already proven the masses wrong. Agreed, it's heavy towing MPG's are similar to that of a V-10 but the benefits of empty driving should pay back in large dividends. My neighbor pulls a large camper behind his late model F-150 5.4L 3V and gets about 8 MPG's while pulling. The EB is doing better than that.

My concern would be more with placing the 3.2L diesel in the F-150 more than an ecoboost in the transit.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
The ecoboost has already proven the masses wrong. Agreed, it's heavy towing MPG's are similar to that of a V-10 but the benefits of empty driving should pay back in large dividends. My neighbor pulls a large camper behind his late model F-150 5.4L 3V and gets about 8 MPG's while pulling. The EB is doing better than that.

My concern would be more with placing the 3.2L diesel in the F-150 more than an ecoboost in the transit.
Funny thing, the horse power and torque are also similar to the v10 if not higher! there's always going to be haters!

Old 09-07-2014, 04:16 PM
IndyFan
Junior User
Originally Posted by gijim2k1
I can tell you first hand that the Ecoboost easily outperforms the V8 or even the V10 in the vans, especially in fuel economy, but also just driving performance. My wife went from 11.1 in city driving in our Chevy Express is getting over 15 with the Ecoboost in the Transit. We've rented Ford E-Series vans with the V10, and they were worse than Chevy (10mpg city). The best I could get was 17 in the E-Series, (with a tailwind), and I could get 18 in the Chevy. In short highway runs with the Transit, fully loaded, I'm getting 19 pretty easily. I'm betting 20 is likely, once broken-in. 19 was with less than 1000 miles on it. The engine has gobs of power and moves the 15 passenger mid-roof Transit with ease. It is hard to keep my foot out of it because it is fun and dare I say, even lively in this application. The torque comes right off the line.

I won't be towing with mine, other than a pop-up camper or a light aluminum fishing boat, so I can't compare there. The Chevy, however, pulled a 7,500lb deck boat without much trouble. I don't have that boat anymore, so I'm not worried about it.