Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

January Chat/All Topic Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Jeff, I keep forgeting to say...that's a good looking deck there by the snowbird.
Thanks Zack, it seems like I wear a lot of hats, carpentry just happens to be one of them. I have done most aspects of home construction at one time or another, from clearing the lot to putting the ridge cap on the roof to interior finish carpentry. Not something I want to do for a living, but do have the skills to do so.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, you guys been having some crappy weather. It has been pretty cold here too. It is in the low 60º's when I get up in the mornings and it has only been getting in the upper 70º's. I hope it warms up soon! lol

Old 01-17-2013, 07:51 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by mudder460
Man, you guys been having some crappy weather. It has been pretty cold here too. It is in the low 60º's when I get up in the mornings and it has only been getting in the upper 70º's. I hope it warms up soon! lol
Rub it in Andy, rub it in But truthfully, I'll take the cold over the sand any day

Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Rub it in Andy, rub it in But truthfully, I'll take the cold over the sand any day
Yeah. Plus it's been a long time since anyone has tried to snipe us, or bomb the road we're driving.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess since the weather is supposed down right awesome this weekend...as much as I don't want to, but I think I'd better get the remote start installed in the Fungus. The boss keeps asking when she's going to get to enjoy her birthday/Christmas gift.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Rub it in Andy, rub it in
And he's getting hazardous duty pay....poor guy. Clearly we should all take up a collection to send him a card expressing our condolences.
Originally Posted by cookie88
Yeah. Plus it's been a long time since anyone has tried to snipe us, or bomb the road we're driving.
Clearly you haven't driven in KC or LAX recently!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I guess everyone is sick with the flu? Not a single post in nearly a week.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
F250W6.0
Mountain Pass
Well, I guess everyone is sick with the flu? Not a single post in nearly a week.

Just getting over it here Zack. After a round of Z-pack from the doctor, two full weeks of yucky feeling. But now it is time to change oil & filters on the ole white ghost.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Thankfully no, not yet anyway.. then again I slather on sanitizer like water..

Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Dawned on me that I didn't tell you guys about my camper upgrade.
The little Scotty, while very cool and nice to pull behind the '61, wasn't big enough to hold both of us for more than a weekend. Lynn came up with this off of Craig's List.
It's an '88 29' Sportscoach Pathfinder basement model. Bought from the original ower with only 10,172 miles on it. Still had the plastic on the carpets and the matteresses were still wrapped too. Paid $6k, $500 under the asking price. We've had it out 5 times since Oct(although one trip was a night in my son's driveway in Conway(Christmas Eve)and put over 1000 miles on it already.
I won't talk about the 454/T-400 powertrain.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM
greyf350
New User
Good evening! Just want to let everyone know I'm also leaving the country. I PCS to Australia in February. I've met a lot of cool and helpful people on the forum and will definitely miss you guys. I'll still pop in and say hi to everyone and give a report on how things are going. Happy New Year! Mike

Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Three of the four living in my house are on antibiotics..... So, yeah.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by greyf350
Good evening! Just want to let everyone know I'm also leaving the country. I PCS to Australia in February. I've met a lot of cool and helpful people on the forum and will definitely miss you guys. I'll still pop in and say hi to everyone and give a report on how things are going. Happy New Year! Mike
I was not aware of the existence of a USAF installation in Australia. Sounds like a friggin dream assignment. Congratulations!

What are you gonna do with your truck?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM
greyf350
New User
Hey Scott...I didn't either until the listening came out. Lol should be exciting none the less. I actually sold the truck last week. I didn't want to sell it but considering the fact it would be sitting a lot it was probably the right choice at the time. Man it's gonna be tough to find another low mileage 7.3L. I can't thank you and the guys for all the help on my truck. Will never forget you guys.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, feel free to never be a stranger on the forums, save my e-mail give us some contact information for you as well if you like, we'll let you in, even without the truck. Hate that you sold it, but I bet you can find something more suitable when/if you return. Try to become a citizen then you can sponsor me to move there!

Best of luck to you, and I hope you enjoy it.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:03 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by greyf350
Hey Scott...I didn't either until the listening came out. Lol should be exciting none the less. I actually sold the truck last week. I didn't want to sell it but considering the fact it would be sitting a lot it was probably the right choice at the time. Man it's gonna be tough to find another low mileage 7.3L. I can't thank you and the guys for all the help on my truck. Will never forget you guys.
That was a great truck. No doubt you'll miss it, but there is always another one when you get back.

Take care brother. Don't be a stranger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: January Chat/All Topic Thread