Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 01:17 PM
New User

baylor3217 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2003 Harley F150 Factory Alarm System has rendered truck un-startable

I left my keys in my girlfriends car and used my spare, probably for the first time ever to try to start my truck.

Upon turning the ignition over, the alarm starts going ape ****. I didn't have the fob so the only way to turn it off was to unplug the battery.

I got the key fob and primary key I use to start the truck this morning and hooked the batter back up and turned the ignition, same result.

Except this time, I can get the horn to stop blaring because I have the fob.

Problem is, I cannot get my truck started.

1) I've seen lots of people posting about this ****ty alarm system (on my 9 year old truck no less) not working correctly, but no solutions. What can be done to resolve this problem?

The ford dealership says I may need to tow it 30 miles in to the dealership for them to re-set something. That sounds absurd.

2) Longer term, is there a way to completely disable the alarm? I don't need it and don't want it. From time to time when pumping gas it does this, but I usually can lock the car and then open the car door by sticking the key in the door, thereby indicating to the alarm system that I am indeed the owner and then it starts.

Please help!!!!

PS Thank you ford for an awesome truck but no thank you for a ****ty alarm product. When you keep the owner of the car with the official key from starting his own danged vehicle, you haven't quite hit the mark.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Junior User

AB1946 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did you ever get this resolved. I had it happen to my 02 shortly after buying it, and couldn't get the alarm to stop. I left the battery cable off, turned the ignition on opened all the doors, and when I hooked the battery back up, no alarm and I haven't had a problem with it since.
1973 cutlass 455, 4 speed
1977 HARLEY FLH,
2 PITBULLS,
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150