Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM
New User

mattswabb is starting off with a positive reputation.
08 escape abs light on

I have an 08 escape and the traction control and abs light come on. This happens every time once we start driving and hit 20mph or so. Until then the abs and traction control work fine.

I've tried a obd2 code reader that was suppose to work for the abs but no codes were stored.

Is there any common problems with this system? Is this something the dealer would need to diagnose? Or is there a way for me to check it out?

Thanks, Matt.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Posting Guru

Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My wife's started doing same thing a few days ago.
Perhaps a signal from the mother ship at Ford? LOL!
I checked fuse 6 inside and fuse 9 under the hood, both were good.
Matt, did you check the fuses?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud ofprojectSHO89 has much to be proud of
Check the tone rings on each front half-shaft.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM
New User

mattswabb is starting off with a positive reputation.
All the fuses are good. I work this weekend, I'll check the tone rings on Monday when I'm off. Just the fronts? Or should I check all the wheels?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Posting Guru

Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Checked the codes today and it said missing input from left front ABS sensor. Put it on a lift and found a crack in the toner ring. Its the bright spot.

I plan to replace the axle due to the ease versus messing with the ring.
Recommendations on where to buy the axle?
And which brand?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Posting Guru

wptski is starting off with a positive reputation.
Never done one but you just replace the ring, less than $10 at any Ford dealer.

09 Ford Escape Limited, 3.0L, 4WD
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Posting Guru

I don't have the facilities to do it so I have to have it done. No level area...
A friend can do the axle quickly versus fussing with the ring (his request). Well worth a case of beer to let him slap the axle in. Just need to where to buy and what brand.

Matt, my friend didn't find any codes until he selected the ABS specific screen on his Snap-On reader. Granted, it was a $20,000 unit...
It came back with "No input detected" from the sensor, thats when we saw the crack.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid