Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada "2013" HAPPY NEW YEAR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Happy Two for Tuesday Nevada!

Donna, pardon my ignorance, but why would you keep a horse that you can't ride?

Jim

Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn it!!! I forgot about the change in threads...again. LOL!!!!

Happy 2013 to everyone! I hope everyone has been doing well.

Well, I found a new place to drill the tank. I take it in tomorrow after work and this time they will actually get it done! I trust this place. They have already done my brother good on things for his tank.

As for Windows 8...ugghhh...that's why I only run on Macs. Unfortunately, I have to use Windows at work and work on them, but we are just now upgrading to Win7 this year because Win8 isn't a stable platform as of yet...at least for a business environment. My bro just purchased a laptop the other day and it has Win8 on it. Talk about totally weird. I only have worked on it for about a total of about 2 hrs and I already hate it. Drives me nuts that you have to play around trying to find all the little "hidden" locations to activate things. It's like it's built like a darn game. I think it's totally stupid. Put stuff where you can find it and use it. I don't need it hidden where I have to search to find the Control Panel.

Anyway, that's my little rant brought over from 2012.

Oh and I didn't get into UNLV. After waiting all this time, I found out yesterday that they want me to get my 24 credits and transfer in. Uggghhh...so now I need to go to CSN (which I don't mind, don't get me wrong), but I have to pay for it myself because they consider us making too much to get financial aid for CSN. Well, that's not the case, but that's how the government and CSN sees it. So, it really sucks. So, I can't get into UNLV without transferring and I don't really have the money to pay to go to CSN. So, I'm in a catch-22. It really stinks.

However, my wife and I are trying to figure out a plan. I have 14 college credits I have to try and see if UNLV will accept them. If they will accept all of them, then all I need to do is earn 10 more at CSN. So, we'll see what happens.

Anyway...Happy New Year!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Thanks Bruce! I really need to get another picture taken. That one is getting old. LOL! Cammy took that picture at Zephyr Cove on my 42nd birthday. God, I feel old!

Monty hasn't been riden at all. The last time I rode him was Sept. 2nd two yrs. ago when he bucked me off. I haven't had the chance to ride Kitty yet because of my knee, but hopefully soon. I have my good days & my bad, but the last few days, my knee bends pretty far, so I could probably ride her &/or the Ninja if I wanted too. We'll see if it warms up enough for me later to possibly go for a ride. I miss horseback riding! It's nice to just get out for a good trail ride up in the mountains to enjoy the fresh, clean air & the scenery. I just don't know how sure footed she is on the snow. I don't need both of us getting hurt if she goes down. Ofcourse, I could always carry my cell phone & if something happens, I could just call you. You'd come resque me (if it was on a Tuesday) & be my knight in shining armour, right? Oh hey...then if you bring your Jeep, we could go 4 wheelin' on the way to the hospital! I'm such a gluten for punishment sometimes. LOL!
Hey now, I'd come any day at all if you were hurt or stuck somewhere!
We could just download a topo map and make a B-line to the ER.

I have not been on a horse for forty years... I don't much like the idea of climbing aboard a horse that I have not had a chance to become friends with in advance.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Hi Mat, thought you had disappeared !

Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good Wednesday morning NV truckers

Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Hump Day!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Good morning peeps! Have a great day!

Should be a nice day on the mountain.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

FTE has been kind of funky lately. Really slow to load and it's making me crazy. Did someone put something in the gears of the interne? Does it need oil?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
morning everyone. Today I am helping a neighbor remove a swamp-cooler and stand so he can plan for a new one. We need to get all the old out of the way to get proper measurements for the new. Should be a fun day.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Not much here, just breaking in a new Samsung laptop.......

Sweet! How do you like it so far?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Happy Two for Tuesday Nevada!

Donna, pardon my ignorance, but why would you keep a horse that you can't ride?

Jim
That's a good question. Other than the fact that he's like one of my kids, I've had him since he was 6 m/o & now he's 7 y/o... It's hard to find a horse person that's trustworthy enough now-a-days to buy a horse & not send them to the slaughter house.
Actually, he is ridable (in his corral area). I won't try it outside of it without him having more training. That's what happened last time - kinda. I rode him in the corral & he did fine. Then I decided I'd try my first time to ride him outside of the corral & the kids swingset spooked him & he started crowhopping/bucking & after about the 5th one, I fell off! I tried to hang on (sideways) & pull myself up, but that only worked for so long. LOL! I'm thinking that the Western saddle doesn't fit him properly, so maybe something is pinching him or irritating him, cause he seems to tolerate it only for so long. I can put my English saddle on him with no problems, but I won't ride him with that one yet.
I'm also hoping that Miss Kitty will teach him some manners as well! He gets jealous when we're working w/ her, that when we work w/ him, he's the perfect gentleman. Maybe having a domestic/tame horse & a wild/greenbroke horse is a good thing. Monty's training just got alot esier - I hope!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Good Wednesday Morning everyone,

Happy Hump Day... I hope it's a great one!
Let's leap into action & get this day started.

WOOHOO! Mat's back! I hope you had a Merry Christmas & a Happy & Safe New Year.
Glad to hear things are keeping you busy. Hopefully UNLV will except your credits. Keep us posted & good luck.

Have a awesome day everyone! Atleast it's warming up slightly for a day or two. Hopefully it'll melt away the snow. LOL!

Attached Images  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Happy hump day Nevada! We had a beautiful day here yesterday, and it looks to be about the same today. No rain, and plenty of sunshine. Just a wee bit on the cold side. I can live with that.

Donna, well at least you are able to ride Monty some. Hopefully, Kitty will train him up right, and you will be able to ride him more in the future.

Jim

Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Keep humping, the day's not over yet!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good morning NV truck lovers......

Quick Reply: Nevada "2013" HAPPY NEW YEAR Thread