Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Elder User

ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.
post your flip down monitor installations

Ive seen a few threads on this recently but id like to get a thread going with multiple people showing off their installs. I'm considering doing a larger flip down..10" plus. Not sure how they install though. Im scared to cut my headliner that I just sueded and then it mess up lol. Also im sure ill lose the center air vent too.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Postmaster

jh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputation
I think your 39" got us all beat.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
That User Over There!

cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold
There is a piece of plywood mounted to the roof of mine that everything is mounted to.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Elder User

ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.ufvj217 has a good reputation on FTE.
How did the plywood mount to the roof though. I saw your install, looks nice.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:05 PM
That User Over There!

cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold
The original installer just screwed it to the cross beams. My stuff is screwed to that.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Elder User

Gotcha. I'm going to remove my overhead console so I can look at the cross beams again before I cut. How do you like that Pyle tv you got...how's the picture quality? I only ask because in the car audio world, Pyle is a no-no lol.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
That User Over There!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 PM
That User Over There!

I got it because it was cheap and i spent alot on engine upgrades. When it goes out and if I will go with better quality. Picture is ok. I looked inside and the circuits are just thrown in there.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Elder User

Haha.

Im trying to figure out what to do with the air vent
Old 12-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Elder User

LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.
I had the optional rear entertainment system already in my Limited so I modified the base, recovered it, removed the AC controls and the old 7" flip down screen and DVD player and replaced it with a 15" with integrated DVD player with IR remote control so the kids in the back could control it.

I avoided the problems integrating aftermarket DVD by also replacing the factory CD head unit with an aftermarket bluetooth, navi, 7" DVD head unit from Pioneer.

I also replaced all 6 factory speakers with 10 new ones and a couple of amps. No subwoofer yet but the kids mostly use wireless headsets to watch movies on trips so don't really need the extra bass since my wife and I aren't terribly demanding listeners when it comes to music and I'd rather have the storage space in the back than the deep bass. Six 6x9's and four tweeters gets the job done pretty well... :-)

I'll snap some pics later today to add to the thread.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Elder User

LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.
I also re-routed the rear air vents to all be controlled by the front overhead heat/AC controls.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:44 PM
That User Over There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
Haha.

Im trying to figure out what to do with the air vent
The original installer used cardboard I replaced it with pipe insulation.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Elder User

Im fine with eliminating the rear ac control. Yea I'd like to see some pics
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameeks View Post
The original installer used cardboard I replaced it with pipe insulation.

Hmm. I don't want to pull the headliner out again lol
Old 12-24-2012, 02:00 PM
That User Over There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufvj217 View Post
Hmm. I don't want to pull the headliner out again lol
Looked like they did theirs with it installed. I just needed to seal everything off. It was separating from the headliner.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs