Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Senior User

Roger Carter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Questions regarding 2012 Flex TMPS

I see where Ford went away from the band mounted tire pressure monitors and went to a valve stem mounted monitor in the 2010-2011 time frame.

Does anyone know if the earlier band mounted units will "talk" to a 2012 Flex?
From what research I have done it appears the newer units can replace the older ones but I haven't seen where the older monitors will work with a newer vehicle.

I have a set of winter treads with the band type sensors. I used this set-up for the last 3 years on our '09 Flex. We replaced the '09 with a '12 Flex earlier this year. I installed the winter tires and can't get the sensors to talk to the car. Went to my local dealer and they couldn't get the system to work properly, either. Their "tool" could sense the monitor, so I am fairly sure a bad battery isn't the problem.

I would prefer to not put out the $$$$ for a new set of monitors if I don't have to.
Any suggestions, other than a piece of black tape to cover the dash light, for a cure?

Thanks.

Roger Carter
Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers