Sponsored by:

MUD BOGGIN in NORTHERN VIRGINIA

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 06:32 PM
ExpyBoy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys... I need to turn in early tonight... Gotta be on the road by 4:30AM to get to the park on-time... Can you all e-mail me at jbomze@resnets.com when we know what's going on... Do we meet at the commuter lot, what time etc....

Remember think Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Old 05-30-2003, 07:00 PM
DNGR_RNGR
New User

you you(expy boy) already know,... SUNDAY is the day, we are gonna meet at the wawa on rt1 across from the CVS in stafford at 930 am. we will be meeting the rest of the guys on the trail at 1000 am. so far this is what i KNOW we have coming-

88 ranger on 33"
75 f-100 on 35"
? nissan on 33"
? dodge on 39.5"
? expy x2
and about 3 more.

Old 05-30-2003, 07:30 PM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

Mine is a 2001 Mike has a 1999....

Old 05-30-2003, 08:03 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

aight sounds good to me. my truck is all ready to go. got all her fluids checked, tools ready to go along with spare parts. ooh yeah i got the tow straps and high lifts ready to goso we can dig them soccer mom thingys out. see yall on sunday

Old 05-30-2003, 09:11 PM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post on Monday to let us know how this expidetion turns out.

I gotta hear this.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:40 AM
Knobby4604X4
Senior User

I'm sure if I stand outside the warehouse while I'm working on Sunday, I'll hear Expy bouncing off his rev limiter! Y'all have a great time, and of course, be safe when strapping those soccer moms out of the mud!

Old 05-31-2003, 08:08 AM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

ya hopefully we will have a ton of pics. it should be fun especialy if it rains this afternoon. it seems like every time it rains it gets worse and worse out there. but more fun for us hehehe. we should all have a good time. we got big trucks and little trucks going with tires ranging from little all errains to massive 44 inch boggers. i know someone will burry a truck. and i dont think its just going to be one of the expys. cuz the guys we are going with are guys that have BLAZED the trail over the past 8 or 9 years. hope everyone that wants to go will be out there. see yall tomorow morning.
MWOLFE and EXPY BOY, let us know tonight about sunday. just post it here and one of us will get it. or just call my cell. i think i put the number in that e mail i sent yall last night. hope yall had fun up in PA and didnt brake anything too serious.

Last edited by fordmaniac21; 05-31-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:09 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

hope you guys had fun and are still comming down to go boggin with us tomorow morning. i will be on my cell phone so when and if you guys decide to come down and join us give us a call. i just e mailed you my cell number. i am sure DNGR_RNGR will do the same. hope to see yall there
and for everyone else you guys will be missing out on a good muddy time!!!

Old 05-31-2003, 11:41 PM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

Hopefully you read this before you all go...

I'm gonna have to Bail Out... I headed up to PA at 0430... We helped cut a new trail for 4+ hours and then ran till dark... In the process I demolished the running boards (they were fun removing laying in MUD) and jammed the tranny support brace....

Only got stuck twice... Both times centered on rocks that were under water... Not too bad...

Also it's going on 0100 THE NEXT DAY....

If I am up, I'll stop the WAWA to let you all know in person...

Old 06-01-2003, 05:43 AM
DNGR_RNGR
New User

you dont need to stop by if you dont want, i got the meessage

Old 06-01-2003, 06:30 AM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

hopefully you get your rest and get yer truck fixed. got yer mesage to. we will let ya know how it goes.

Old 06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

we hit the trail and locked the trucks in 4wd about 1000 am this morning and got to the pavement around 300 in the afternoon. we didnt have as many trucks as we thought we only had 4.we had fun and got our trucks as well as all of us covered in mud. we had my 75 f-100 on 35 inch swampers, dngr_rngr's ranger on 33 inch aggresive all terrains, a nissan with a 3 inch body lift and 33 inch all terrains, and Dan in his 86 1 ton dodge pickup on 39.5 swampers. me and Dan each got stuck about 6 times each and had to use dans 12000 lb warn winch about 10 of them times to get out of the holes. it was kinda nice not being the biggest truck on the ride. i was able to play in the deep stuff. tommorrow i am going to take my 2 rolls of film that i took and get em developed and post the pics in my gallary. DNGR_RNGR got some film of us and about 30 pics which will also be posted as soon as he gets em loaded on his computer.
i blew a pin hole leak in one of my heater core hoses on the trail and we made it half way home befor the truck started overheating due to too much coolant loss. got the hose fixed and made it the rest of the way home. 4 wheel drum brakes suck after a day of mud boggin. i think i lost my front brakes on the way home, they started makin a loud screeching noise when the brakes were applied and barely were able to stop the trucks.
we will get those pics posted as soon as we can so yall can see what you missed.

Old 06-01-2003, 09:49 PM
DNGR_RNGR
New User

well, some of the pics,.. these are all the pics i took, the guy i had recording the DNGR_RNGR did know how to take pics,... so that are no action pics of the ranger,... i will get some pics from the video but it will be another day or so.
NOTE TO SELF- 4-WHEELING IS ALWAYS FUN WHEN THE LITTLE TRUCKS DONT GET STUCK, JUST THE BIG TRUCKS!!)lol...
it was a great day, one of the highlights was watching the tailgate on the dodge, being about half way under water(meaning the water line was about a foot from the top of the bed, on a truck whos bedrail sets almost 6 ft in the air!!!) ill be sure to get a pic of that from the video too....
and yet the DNGR RNGR goes another weekend without breaking ANYTHING or getting stuck,...only thing i BENT was my front bumper, i was pulling up onto the nose of this junk car out there and when i back up my bumper hooked on the cars bumper,... so now my front left side is twisted about 90* from where it should be(twisted down now) ill get pics of that too. well, here is the link to the newest pics,...

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/yellow_ho...c=ph%26.view=t

if for some reason that link dont work, go to http://photos.yahoo.com/yellow_ho_01_trucks and find the album ramoth june 1

Old 06-02-2003, 06:29 AM
fordmaniac21
Elder User

sweet pics. i like the one of my truck from the front goin throught the mud hole. im gonna have to print it and frame it on the wall. it just looks badass. ill get mine developed in a day or two and post em.

Old 06-02-2003, 07:02 AM
ExpyBoy
Senior User

Now see.... That's the kind of stuff I like to hit.... Mike and I spent over 2 hours crawling our way over a trail in PA on Saturday.... I didn't even get "that" dirty..... If I don't come home with mud covering the roof of the beast then I failed in my mission....

I may have needed help a few times, but one you get momentum behind 5100lbs, it kinda keeps on plowing through.....

Go to http://www.xpeditionexpedition.org/t...2003-05-31.php
and check out the photo alblum....
It was us and about 6 others in lifted and pretty modofied Jeeps... Initially they tols us that they thought our trucks were only good to tow theirs up to the trails.... Once I got behind the wheel ... their tune changed to "Man you guys ROCK!!!!"

There will be more posted once he gts through the ones I sent him..... There is a pic of my truck going up a hill that you needed to be there to see.... The hill pretty much goes straight up... at the top, you have about 6 feet to turn hard left and use the engine only to brake down the other side.... did I make it.... again 5100lbs... with enough of a run, I would have crested the top, but then launched myself into the trees on the other side... we did see some Land Rovers (both old and new) run the hill... one was running 39's on his truck and you literally needed to stop dead on the crest of the hill.....

All in all a fun time, but muddin is whrer it's at!!!!!!!! I have committments this coming Sat down in Ashland (animal rescue group is setting up at the Strawberry Fair)... But Sunday I might just go take a look... Not run unless there is somebody else around that can pull me out when I get toooooo crazy...