6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

H&S Tuners and EGR

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
H&S Tuners and EGR

Something I emailed the tech guys at H&S today was how the EGR delete worked, because I saw no specific location for deleting it on the controller.
They emailed me back, if you due a DPF delete the EGR is automatically shut off. Just a FYI, I asked specifically about the mini max, don't know if there all the same.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Should be interesting, my understanding is if you try and turn it back on after being off for a long time you can also be looking at issues. I was also trying to find the specific command to make sure it was off and never found anything IIRC.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:19 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbasz1
Something I emailed the tech guys at H&S today was how the EGR delete worked, because I saw no specific location for deleting it. If you due a DPF delete the EGR is automatically shut off. Just a FYI, I asked specifically about the mini max, don't know if there all the same.
Did you get an answer? I'm told they will only discuss off road stuff. Of course you could phrase the question to apply to off road use.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
Did you get an answer? I'm told they will only discuss off road stuff. Of course you could phrase the question to apply to off road use.
Yep I got an answer, that's how come I know how it works I see my first post, I reworded it so the answer is more clear. If it's DFP deleted, the egr is automatically off.
I emailed them and just asked how I make it egr delete, did not give any indication of what I was using it for. Just referenced 2008 6.4, nothing else.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Yep I got an answer, that's how come I know how it works I see my first post, I reworded it so the answer is more clear. If it's DFP deleted, the egr is automatically off.
I emailed them and just asked how I make it egr delete, did not give any indication of what I was using it for. Just referenced 2008 6.4, nothing else.
You don't do anything with the tuner do you, just install the delete kit. I was gonna try and find that thread for you with all the instructions but got side tracked cleaning some gutters.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
You don't do anything with the tuner do you, just install the delete kit. I was gonna try and find that thread for you with all the instructions but got side tracked cleaning some gutters.
I have the book and read it front to back didn't see where it said about the EGR, anyways I know know, that's all that matters.
Gutter's, there on the roof, I don't mess with that, I don't think I'd bounce too good. Roofs and gutters are what friends are for.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
I have the book and read it front to back didn't see where it said about the EGR, anyways I know know, that's all that matters.
Gutter's, there on the roof, I don't mess with that, I don't think I'd bounce too good. Roofs and gutters are what friends are for.
My friends are all smarter than I am so I have to clean my own. The article I am thinking about is in the forum. I'll find it.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:08 PM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
My friends are all smarter than I am so I have to clean my own. The article I am thinking about is in the forum. I'll find it.
My best friend lays scaffolding around church steeples and coal furnaces, he says my roof is chump change. I don't argue,just get the latter.
I'd love to read that Article once you find it.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:09 PM
rcracerx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something I emailed the tech guys at H&S today was how the EGR delete worked, because I saw no specific location for deleting it on the controller.
They emailed me back, if you due a DPF delete the EGR is automatically shut off. Just a FYI, I asked specifically about the mini max, don't know if there all the same.
Not true, if you run the easy tune it does not shut off the EGR. It is suggested to run the EZ tune every so often just to cycle the valve so it does not get all gummed up and stuck.

Rc

Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
OK, if I did this right here is a link to the article. If not go to 12/26/2011 on this forum and read the thread about EGR kit inshttps://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1125852-egr-delete-install.html?highlight=EGR+delete+kittall. It has pictures and everything. Didn't do it right, Oh well computers are not my strong suit.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by rcracerx
Not true, if you run the easy tune it does not shut off the EGR. It is suggested to run the EZ tune every so often just to cycle the valve so it does not get all gummed up and stuck.

Rc
RU reading that from tha users manual or somewhere else, cause I don't think mine says that.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM
rcracerx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Na not from the owners manual but numerous forum posts over at PSN, PSA, The .Org etc.... and here is a post on H & S 's forum saying the same thing.

H&S Performance :: Topic: 6.4.32 and EGR cycling (3/3)

Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
OK, I know when I'm beaten, I can't get a link to that wright up but here is where it really is. On this forum got to 4/08/2012 and there is a good link there. I would suggest anyone about to remove and block off the EGr coolers read and look at the pictures. Now I'm going out and see what my mini manual says about the EGR valve.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
OK, if I did this right here is a link to the article. If not go to 12/26/2011 on this forum and read the thread about EGR kit inshttps://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1125852-egr-delete-install.html?highlight=EGR+delete+kittall. It has pictures and everything. Didn't do it right, Oh well computers are not my strong suit.
Thanks Stanley, I got it ok.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by rcracerx
Na not from the owners manual but numerous forum posts over at PSN, PSA, The .Org etc.... and here is a post on H & S 's forum saying the same thing.

H&S Performance :: Topic: 6.4.32 and EGR cycling (3/3)
Hmmmmmm. My manual on page 42 says "When running H & S DPF REMOVED tuning, it is not required to un plug or block off the EGR system on your 6.4L Powerstroke to disable it. The EGR system is already disabled in the tuning and will not function under any conditions." That seems pretty plain to me but I'd rather it be what you said so I'm gonna go do some research.

Quick Reply: H&S Tuners and EGR