1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Not sure if anyone has seen Dieselsite WW2 yet

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen Dieselsite WW2 yet

Thought you guys might be interested... I know this won't have as dramatic as an effect on our trucks but it would be interesting to see what the difference would be between our trucks stock wheel and the Wicked Wheel gen 2. I am really considering it just to give it a shot... He states its lighter than the stock wheel and its machined. It appears to be our factory wheel machined with vains and polished...nothing different. I tried comparing a few reference points between our OBS wheel and the WW2 and couldn't find much difference to see if it was manufactured to a different shape. I'd consider it a port and polish for a good set of CJ heads, but for a turbo wheel instead. It could be beneficial and it could be absolute null... I want to give it a test and see if it does much at all without any change to the truck....

I plan on getting one here soon and see if there truly is any difference on the boost, butt, and dyno gauge :=) Or if its not beneficial to our trucks...and I have a nice polished turbo wheel!

Link to it....

http://www.dieselsite.com/wickedwhee...s-instock.aspx

What are your thoughts?????

Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Well I spoke to Bob and these are not what I thought they were.. I originally thought the cast factory Borg Warner WW pieces were milled and polished. His wheels are all 6061 billet and they are machine out of solid stock, nothing is polished... having a decent amount of machining experience myself I was pretty impressed the finish in the photo is not a polished finish... even high RPM mill finishes sometimes do not look the part... so I was pretty impressed to hear that as well.

I spoke to him and it looks like they are around 2 weeks lead time from the first batch, I hope to have mine shortly after.

BTW this is not the typical WW for the SD...which I am very aware is the stock OBS turbine wheel. I found it interesting the the typical SD owner did not gain much of a boost increase(sometime lost boost) but simply used the Wicked Wheel to eliminate surge... this new design did more than that and by quite a bit...I could be just very hopefully or completely out of my skull but I think its worth a shot....

Old 12-17-2012, 05:36 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
Means you're gonna be the guinea pig, let us know if it works any better!

Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
I just simply cannot support Bob no matter how nice of a person he is due to false advertising and making products that are hype and name and dont do what they claim.

Just use the wicked wheel for example.
his site used to claim it as an upgrade for superduties even though it was a downgrade.

And thus things like his Hpop which doesn't clearly tell you its a pump built from parts.

All in all it looks like a good product, but it's a turbine wheel.
What more do you want from our turbo's?

Want more boost? Use an SD wheel, you wont surge.

Want one for free? You can probably get it from one of the brainwashed who drank the kool-aid and bought the WW "upgrade" and wouldn't mind getting rid of his old SD wheel.

Sucker.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Its a Super Duty thing. A nice looking piece if nothing else.

I agree with William. Good post pardner.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 AM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experince is if you want to hear the turbo more and have better spool, just go with a s300 style turbo.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 AM
glovemeister
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
That is a mighty nice piece, I'd probably hang it from my rearview.

I'd take the $229 and save some more and get a d66, or s366.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 AM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Well thanks for the comments..maybe I'll hold off and see what the consensus is first. I did not know that about the companys past history...I have not heard anything positive yet from you guys...

I understand the thought behind doing a s366... I'd love to but not for a while. I also know it requires a new pedestal(just bought a deleted one), I'd end up doing bellowed up pipes, new burn on the chip, and modifying my IC pipes again...In other words it wouldn't be cheap. I just thought the dyno chart proved it would be rather cheap power gains with the wheel.

I guess I'll hold off till the verdict comes out.... Sure changed my mind after hearing those words from you fellas....

Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Theoretically there should be room for improvement by machining the wheel from billet aluminum over a cast wheel. I'm not sure what is done with this wheel, but even though it is the same profile as our wheels there could be more blade surface area over the stock wheel by decreasing the size of the center hub and bringing the blades in a little farther and by making the blades a little taller. I haven't talked to Bob about this wheel, so I'm not sure how much different this wheel is than our cast wheels and I don't really care anyways, I will probably never use one.. The point of the wheel is simply to get rid of the surge in the stock SD turbos, but I'm assuming he went to billet in attempt to get the wheel to flow more air than the stock SD wheel.

I do know that Bill @ PHP is testing one right now and is up on boost in his SD. He seems to be really happy with it and picked up a peak of 12 HP and almost 20 HP above 2500 RPM in his super duty over his stock wheel and absolutely no surge. Same day, same dyno.. I'd say the wheel did it's job. If this wheel flows better than the stock wheel and raises boost pressures over the stock wheel, it would help even out the drive to boost ratio and help the turbo last longer on trucks with aftermarket injectors. I know with stage 2's my drive to boost ratio was stupid high. Like I said though, I'm not one to dump money into stock turbos if I don't absolutely have to. Bellowed uppipes, EBPV delete pedistals, etc.. All that work that could be put into a better turbo.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Man this is really weird.... thought BOB said these were his design when I talked to him on the phone...

94 E99 Powerstroke Turbo Rebuild Billet Compressor Wheel GTP38 Ford 7 3L Diesel | eBay

Marketing between the two is completely opposite though...

Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
glovemeister
Cargo Master
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Interesting...

Just saw it is a billet wheel, but the not the same.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
That's a completely different wheel.. That wheel is similar to the stock SD wheel. It's an 11+0 blade vs the 5+5 blade that our trucks come with and that Bob is selling right now. Bob does have something else coming out that will be available for the GTP38R that I believe will be an 11+0 blade wheel, but I haven't looked at it much or talked to him about it personally. Only what I have heard.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
nossliw
Cargo Master
I did not notice that... nice catch. Wonder if the distributor is the same?

Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by nossliw
I did not notice that... nice catch. Wonder if the distributor is the same?
It's not the same distributor from what I've been told. There is another ebay wheel that is a 5+5 billet wheel, but it's not the same manufacturer either.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 AM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Not sure why these have not been tested in an OBS yet... I really would like to see dyno numbers that utilize the same tuning.... Not adjustment for the wheel.

Quick Reply: Not sure if anyone has seen Dieselsite WW2 yet