Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 PM
New User

ssoulis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Water in fuel already drained keeps coming back

Hi there, I have a 1999 f350 7.3 diesel. I have been recently having difficulty with the water in fuel. I thought it had to do with the filter so I replaced it. I have drained the fuel filter compartment and it keeps coming back. My truck will not start unless I drain the fuel, refill, and charge batteries so I have enough amps to crank over. Is there a fuel/water separator that needs to be replaced? Or does it just collect in the fuel filter compartment?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Posting Guru

Kdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to beholdKdr358 is a splendid one to behold
There is probably water in your tank that keeps causing this. Try running a bottle of diesel 911 in the tank mixed with some fresh fuel. If you keep trying to start it like that you can do damage very fast.

1939 Ford COE custom. "Ford-Tuff"
Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Ford With Out Tax Money

snakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to behold
may have to drain the tank.
Matt PAA #117 99.5 F-250 XLT CC SWB 4x4 4R100 Warn M12000 GPR-LED. Foil Delete. 6637. 0.25 Cent. AC. Isspro Dual Pyrometer. AeroForce. FRx. HPx. DIY SS Fuel Lines. 03 HeadLights. 4" SS Exhaust. 6.0L Trans Cooler. BTS Tunes. Custom Lighted Tuner. IH Up Pipes. EPBV Delete. AIH delete. Gooseneck, AE Ford Bundle. Member On RHN
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Post Fiend

BillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to allBillyBob69 is a name known to all
What they said^^^

It keeps coming back cause its probably in the tank. Depending on how much is in there, I would try the 911 first then if that fails, drain the tank and try again. But remember, there is going to be some in the lines so after doing either option, I would cycle the key a few times with the bowl drain open to make sure that you clear the lines before trying to inject water into the cylinders.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/billybob69_photo/90x90_email_signature_HIGHMILER-1.png
Old 12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Did you save the fuel you drained and let it settle and see water at the bottom? If there actually isn't any water the WIF sensor is bad.

If there isn't any water in fuel disconnect the white WIF/Fuel bowl heater connector on back of fuel bowl and you will be able to start. Then you can get a new sensor when possible.

I've been running for a couple of years with that connector unplugged.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
New User

Diesel 911. Where do you get it? I actually see a bit of water in what I drained. It is a little wet outside but I am pretty sure it came from the fuel. I still have a half tank...not happy.
Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Posting Guru

SteveH-CO has a good reputation on FTE.SteveH-CO has a good reputation on FTE.
Most auto parts stores and Walmart carry this kind of stuff, especially this time of year. Truck stops will have it, too.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Postmaster

nlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoulis View Post
Diesel 911. Where do you get it? I actually see a bit of water in what I drained. It is a little wet outside but I am pretty sure it came from the fuel. I still have a half tank...not happy.
Thanks
Walmart carries it...

Support The Semper Fi Fund or America's Fund

Your kids are better off if you blow their college savings in Las Vegas. They'll be just as uneducated, but at least they won't be as indoctrinated. - Neal, retired professor
Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
New User

Thanks! Hopefully this works and I wont need to drain tank.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Postmaster

nlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant futurenlemerise has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoulis View Post
Thanks! Hopefully this works and I wont need to drain tank.
I would...all that water going through injectors is not a good thing.

Support The Semper Fi Fund or America's Fund

Your kids are better off if you blow their college savings in Las Vegas. They'll be just as uneducated, but at least they won't be as indoctrinated. - Neal, retired professor
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM