1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Cristina
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Cold Air Blowing From One Passenger Side Floor Vent With Heat On? 08 F250

Old 12-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Water_Boy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold Air Blowing From One Passenger Side Floor Vent With Heat On? 08 F250

Yesterday I noticed that there was cold air blowing from one of the passenger side floor vents! Anyone know what it might be or how I can fix it???

Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Water_Boy
Yesterday I noticed that there was cold air blowing from one of the passenger side floor vents! Anyone know what it might be or how I can fix it???
Was hot air blowing from the others?

Can you describe what worked right and what did not a bit more?

Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Water_Boy
Freshman User
Originally Posted by SC_Hoaty
Was hot air blowing from the others?

Can you describe what worked right and what did not a bit more?
Yeah everything is working properly. The floor vents next to it are blowing hot air like the should be. when ever I have the selector **** in the defrost, floor, or defrost/floor mix position the same 1 floor vent is bailing out freezing cold outside air???

Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Ford used 2 different systems for HVAC. The Dual Zone has separate driver and passenger systems, while the more basic system is one system for the whole vehicle.

If you have the dual zone, it would seem that the blend door for that side may be malfunctioning. I believe it is controlled by a temperature sensor. So the problem may be the sensor, or may be the blend door actuator.

If you have the basic single zone system, then it gets a bit more curious.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
Can we please have more info! As SC_Hoaty said, "Is it blowing heat from one side cold from other? What was your temp setting? Do you have dual temp controls? Were you on recirc? Sounds as if one of your blend door solenoids are on the fritz. With more info, we may be able to isolate.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Yeah everything is working properly. The floor vents next to it are blowing hot air like the should be. when ever I have the selector **** in the defrost, floor, or defrost/floor mix position the same 1 floor vent is bailing out freezing cold outside air???
When on defrost, do any of the other floor vents blow any air at all? The air should all go to the defroster vents, not to the floor vents.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Water_Boy
Freshman User
Ford used 2 different systems for HVAC. The Dual Zone has separate driver and passenger systems, while the more basic system is one system for the whole vehicle.

If you have the dual zone, it would seem that the blend door for that side may be malfunctioning. I believe it is controlled by a temperature sensor. So the problem may be the sensor, or may be the blend door actuator.

If you have the basic single zone system, then it gets a bit more curious.
I have the basic single zone system.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Water_Boy
Freshman User
Originally Posted by wiingnut
Can we please have more info! As SC_Hoaty said, "Is it blowing heat from one side cold from other? What was your temp setting? Do you have dual temp controls? Were you on recirc? Sounds as if one of your blend door solenoids are on the fritz. With more info, we may be able to isolate.
Yes that is correct, there are two floor vents right next to each other on the passenger side and one is blowing straight outside air. this is with the temp setting on the hottest position. the truck doesn’t have dual zone controls. I tried it with the recirc on and off and it stays the same.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Water_Boy
Freshman User
When on defrost, do any of the other floor vents blow any air at all? The air should all go to the defroster vents, not to the floor vents.
No, when it's on defrost that is the only floor vent that air blows from.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:20 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Curious.

I have 2008 manual on disk - not the easiest thing to flip through! I have scanned it for basic climate control stuff, air distribution, etc. Nothing I can find would lead to a condition you are descibing.

For starters I would block off the vent, so the heat works better in the rest of the vehicle. That is the band-aid, not the solution.

For finding what is wrong, I think you will need to get under the dash. Sounds like something has a hole in it, that is allowing air that does NOT pass through the blend door to go straight to that floor vent.

Good luck!

IF I find a picture of the air distribution routing, I will post it.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:35 AM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
If its on thepassenger side only, the air inlet actuator door may not be closing all the way. This is located rt behind the glove box

Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by wiingnut
If its on thepassenger side only, the air inlet actuator door may not be closing all the way. This is located rt behind the glove box
That is the one for fresh or recirc, right? When on defrost, the computer requires fresh, not recirc air.

Seem more like a leak from the vicinity of that door/duct than a malfunction of the door itself.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 AM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
That is the one for fresh or recirc, right? When on defrost, the computer requires fresh, not recirc air.

Seem more like a leak from the vicinity of that door/duct than a malfunction of the door itself.
Yes that is the door for the fresh and recirc. Sometimes debris gets caught and doesnt allow for it to seal properly.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 AM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
It might be a good idea to pinpoint if that leak is coming from that door. Again its accessible behind the glove box and the RH side of the instrument panel.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
SC_Hoaty
FTE Chapter Leader
Yes that is correct, there are two floor vents right next to each other on the passenger side and one is blowing straight outside air. ...
I just looked at my 2009, and I only have one long, skinny vent on the passenger side, right at the center hump, under the cup holder door. The driver side comes from the same duct - kinda like a Y.

Can you get a shot of the other vent - the one that is blowing cold?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold Air Blowing From One Passenger Side Floor Vent With Heat On? 08 F250