1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Dana 60 swap-or lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 PM
LeoJr
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
I even changed my fender badges to F350! LOL!!
How close to true is this? Assuming you have used F350 springs front and rear, after the D60 swap, is the frame or something else different?

Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 PM
LittleBlue94
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TireJockey... im sticking to the dana 60 hieght. i have a front shackle kit the dropped my springs about 2 inches so thats why my camber is all out of whack.. but that 2 inches plus the dana 60 should put itat a good height

Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM
TireJockey
Senior User
let me see some pictures of that ride height afterwards, i was either debating f350 springs and a dana 60 for a low and level ride hieght, or doing the shackle reversal in the front and a shackle flip in the rear for a total of 4-4.5 inches of lift on top of the dana 60, havent made up my mind, the lift will cost me an extra $1000 but might be worth it.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LittleBlue94
TireJockey... im sticking to the dana 60 hieght. i have a front shackle kit the dropped my springs about 2 inches so thats why my camber is all out of whack.. but that 2 inches plus the dana 60 should put itat a good height
Originally Posted by TireJockey
let me see some pictures of that ride height afterwards, i was either debating f350 springs and a dana 60 for a low and level ride hieght, or doing the shackle reversal in the front and a shackle flip in the rear for a total of 4-4.5 inches of lift on top of the dana 60, havent made up my mind, the lift will cost me an extra $1000 but might be worth it.
When you guys do the D60 swap, you're gonna have to use 350 front springs. I'm saying this cause I tried leaving the 250 springs on mine when I did the swap, and you could NOT ride in it! LOL!! The 350 springs are a softer ride but have more arch for more ride height. The 250 springs are much stiffer springs due to much more movement of the TTB axles. They tend to twist the springs as they pivot up and down. Here's what mine looks like with the D60 and 350 springs at stock height.....

Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 PM
LittleBlue94
Freshman User
that is one good looking truck!!! i got a steal on my axle because i have done alot of work for the local junkyard so i traded them a chevy i bought for 300$ and im giving 100$ on top of that. thats for axle, steering, leaf springs, pretty much everything needed. im tearing it out tomorrow night. gonna clean it up the next few days. then throw her in starting wednsday

Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by LeoJr
How close to true is this? Assuming you have used F350 springs front and rear, after the D60 swap, is the frame or something else different?
The only difference in the 250 and 350 is the D60 axle, steering components,springs, and the 4" blocks in the rear. The springs I used in the rear are 7 leaf packs, so the truck sits about dead level now. I still need to put new bushings in the rear springs, so that might give it another 1/2".

Old 12-18-2012, 11:34 PM
TireJockey
Senior User
ReBilld that is one good looking truck! im really happy i got to see those pictures because i have been trying to find another 3/4 ton with the extended cab and short bed that has done a D60 swap. exact look i want, and cheaper than the reverse shackle! Thanks man! im putting my truck on 315/75/16 Goodyear Dura tracs before i do the axle. because as my name implies i work at a tire shop... which = cheap 35s

Old 12-18-2012, 11:36 PM
TireJockey
Senior User
that is one good looking truck!!! i got a steal on my axle because i have done alot of work for the local junkyard so i traded them a chevy i bought for 300$ and im giving 100$ on top of that. thats for axle, steering, leaf springs, pretty much everything needed. im tearing it out tomorrow night. gonna clean it up the next few days. then throw her in starting wednsday
ill give you $1000 for everything you have right now

Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Thanks, it doesn't look that good in person LOL!! You can't see all the faded and peeling paint in the pics. I don't know who painted this truck before I got it, but they shouldn't ever be allowed to touch a paint gun again! LOL!!

Just another suggestion.....if you have the money, go ahead and replace the spring bushings with poly ones. I used Energy Suspension bushings. Ordered them through Auto Zone for about $60 bucks for the kit to do the whole front end, shackle bushings too. They are waaayyyy better than the stock rubber bushings, and 100 times easier to change if you ever have to.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
ReBilld that is one good looking truck! im really happy i got to see those pictures because i have been trying to find another 3/4 ton with the extended cab and short bed that has done a D60 swap. exact look i want, and cheaper than the reverse shackle! Thanks man! im putting my truck on 315/75/16 Goodyear Dura tracs before i do the axle. because as my name implies i work at a tire shop... which = cheap 35s
Thanks. Like I said though, the pics lie LOL!! It needs a little body work and painted BAD! I like the way it sits, but I may go ahead and put the 4" 350 blocks in the rear. It has the factory Alcoa wheels back on it now with 285s. The wheels in the pic were 8" wide, so with the factory 7" wheels, it sits a little higher. I'd like to run 315s, but I'm not sure how that will affect my towing. I don't tow heavy a lot, but I do from time to time.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 PM
TireJockey
Senior User
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Thanks. Like I said though, the pics lie LOL!! It needs a little body work and painted BAD! I like the way it sits, but I may go ahead and put the 4" 350 blocks in the rear. It has the factory Alcoa wheels back on it now with 285s. The wheels in the pic were 8" wide, so with the factory 7" wheels, it sits a little higher. I'd like to run 315s, but I'm not sure how that will affect my towing. I don't tow heavy a lot, but I do from time to time.
im sure the paint isnt perfect, when a truck is 15 years old it is bound to have a few paint issues, but over all still a very good looking truck. it has the exact height im looking for. what exactly is done to achieve that height?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
im sure the paint isnt perfect, when a truck is 15 years old it is bound to have a few paint issues, but over all still a very good looking truck. it has the exact height im looking for. what exactly is done to achieve that height?
Just did the D60 swap with stock 350 front springs, and 7 leaf springs in the rear that came off one of my parts trucks. It still has the 2" 250 blocks in the rear.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:18 AM
TireJockey
Senior User
Oh nice and simple! So do your rear springs give it any lift? Or they are just 1tons for the hell of it? What about did you do for your Pitman arm?

Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 AM
LittleBlue94
Freshman User
ill give you $1000 for everything you have right now
Tempting but no thank you. i wont have another chance like this im sure in my life! haha

I got the axle out! its loaded in my truck and ready for cleaning. ill take a picture tomorrow and post it but there is BARELY grease/oil anywhere that i can see. but i have a question? i forgot about attatching the stabalizer bar. do i really need that? i know ill attatch the trac bar but i just wanna double check if i need the stabilizer

Old 12-20-2012, 12:05 AM
TireJockey
Senior User
Tempting but no thank you. i wont have another chance like this im sure in my life! haha

I got the axle out! its loaded in my truck and ready for cleaning. ill take a picture tomorrow and post it but there is BARELY grease/oil anywhere that i can see. but i have a question? i forgot about attatching the stabalizer bar. do i really need that? i know ill attatch the trac bar but i just wanna double check if i need the stabilizer
The sway bay prevents body role, if you dont mind having a little sloppy steering, then dont attach it. The 3/4 tons dont have front sway bars because TTB is technically IFS and you dont technically need it. But it all depends on how you like your truck to ride. Also if you do any wheeling you might want it detached(helps your articulation). And attaching it requires making mounts for the linkage.

-Aaron

Quick Reply: Dana 60 swap-or lift kit